How good IS BMW's 6 cylinder engine?

Old September 7th 07, 05:17 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling[_2_]

Default Auto boxes

I am sure you're right. I would think in general that there is little
practical difference in fuel consumption between manual and automatic, with
other factors being more important, such as degree of lead-footedness.

Even fairly bog-standard cars have 5 or 6-speed boxes, e.g. the Ford Mondeo
(of Europe, for those of an eastern Atlantic persuasion) that I hired the
other day. FWIW approx 2 l td. Pretty good, even with 4 people in the car.

DAS
---

Old September 7th 07, 05:19 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling[_2_]

Sorry, I meant 'western Atlantic'; European Fords are reputedly not the same
as those produced in North America, and I don't just mean cosmetic
differences.

DAS
---