Question on tires alignment?

Old July 28th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Default Question on tires alignment?

I have a car that i just got 2 new tires for the front. It is a Toyota
Corolla front wheel drive. The rear tires are older with still some
tread left, maybe 3,000 miles before replacement. I was thinking about
getting an alignment for the car. However, should i wait until i
replace the rear tires and get an alignment or does it matter? In
other words,if i go ahead and get an alignment today and replace my
rear tires in a couple months, would i need another alignment? Thanks
guys.

Old July 28th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Jul 28, 1:58 pm, " > wrote:
> I have a car that i just got 2 new tires for the front. It is a Toyota
> Corolla front wheel drive. The rear tires are older with still some
> tread left, maybe 3,000 miles before replacement. I was thinking about
> getting an alignment for the car. However, should i wait until i
> replace the rear tires and get an alignment or does it matter? In
> other words,if i go ahead and get an alignment today and replace my
> rear tires in a couple months, would i need another alignment? Thanks
> guys.

Replace all four tires with the same brand and size. Next get a front
end alignment. Finally, rotate your tires front to back every 5,000
miles.

Old July 28th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Marsh Monster

======
======
On Jul 28, 12:58?pm, " > wrote:
> I have a car that i just got 2 new tires for the front. It is a Toyota
> Corolla front wheel drive. The rear tires are older with still some
> tread left, maybe 3,000 miles before replacement. I was thinking about
> getting an alignment for the car. However, should i wait until i
> replace the rear tires and get an alignment or does it matter? In
> other words,if i go ahead and get an alignment today and replace my
> rear tires in a couple months, would i need another alignment? Thanks
> guys.

======
======

Put the new tires on now and get the alignment now.

unless.....you're jest a fan of frequenting tire and alignment shops,
then by all means.......wait and do them both later.

~:~
MarshMonster
~chunks his 2 used tires in the trunk to use as spares later........
hands the tire dude a five spot.......thanks dude....see you
again in 4 years or so~
~:~

Old July 28th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Ok. Thanks guys. Recommendations on a decent priced, and reputable
alignment place? I live in Texas.
Thanks again.

Old July 29th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Marsh Monster

====
====
" > wrote

Ok. Thanks guys. Recommendations on a decent priced, and reputable
alignment place? I live in Texas.
Thanks again.

======
======

I would have to suggest Elm Street Driveline and Alignment........

they're down on the corner on the left.....jest past the light,
if yer headed toward the movie theater.

and......

no prob......yer quite welcome

~:~
MarshMonster
~takes a toke......wonders if he shudda suggested
Willies Tire and Alignment on West Ave............
nah.......the other place is closer......best to save
gas you know.....conservation and all that~
~:~

Old July 29th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected][_2_]

My bad. To be specific, the Houston area.

Old July 30th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Jul 29, 1:44 pm, " > wrote:
> My bad. To be specific, the Houston area.

Uuuuhh... Your bad???

Old July 31st 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Marsh Monster

Default Question on tires alignment? <<--OT-->>

On Jul 30, 11:39?am, "John S." > wrote:
======
======
Old July 31st 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Comboverfish

On Jul 28, 1:06 pm, "John S." > wrote:
> On Jul 28, 1:58 pm, " > wrote:
>
> > I have a car that i just got 2 new tires for the front. It is a Toyota
> > Corolla front wheel drive. The rear tires are older with still some
> > tread left, maybe 3,000 miles before replacement. I was thinking about
> > getting an alignment for the car. However, should i wait until i
> > replace the rear tires and get an alignment or does it matter? In
> > other words,if i go ahead and get an alignment today and replace my
> > rear tires in a couple months, would i need another alignment? Thanks
> > guys.

> Replace all four tires with the same brand and size.

Wise counsel. IMO, anyone that puts multiple sized tires on a car not
intended for such is a douchebag.

>Next get a front end alignment.

He should spring for a four wheel alignment given toe and camber are
adjustable in the rear of his ride.

> Finally, rotate your tires front to back every 5,000 miles.

Absolutely. Even a perfect alignment can't keep those soft rear
control bushings from tearing up rear tires that have been in place
too long... not to mention the many other benefits of 5K rotations.

Toyota MDT in MO