I don't like electric assist stearing.

Old March 24th 07, 10:39 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dean Dark

Default I don't like electric assist stearing.

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:24:26 -0400, JRE > wrote:

>>>Yes, Lime Rock *is* a lotta fun. Remarkably so for a track with only
>>>*one left turn*! =;^)

>> But what a *tricky* left turn it is.

><snip>
>
>I did not find the left particularly tricky; it's pretty flat and
>smooth, or used to be.

The tricky part is the turn in to it and the line through it. It
ain't natural, it's a compromise caused by the right turn you just
came out of and the speed you are carrying. But it's OK when you're
used to it.

>The right hander that turns uphill partway through at the end of the
>short straight, though, I found very tricky. It's just Not Right to
>turn in that late as you look at the armco come up directly at you

You're talking about my favorite turn on that track. If you don't get
a little airborne at the crest of the hill, you didn't take that
corner as fast as you should have.

>in
>the windshield at that speed.

Cars *without* windshields are much more fun on the track:-)
--
Dan.

97 TJ stearing box removal [email protected] Jeep 2 December 17th 06 09:44 PM
Replace stearing wheel on car w/airbag? [email protected] General 2 March 26th 06 02:51 PM
Creeky stearing! Who? Chrysler 3 September 14th 05 03:00 PM
Stearing column squeak Cheeky Bee via CarKB.com Audi 3 May 23rd 05 09:57 AM
2000 Jimmy -- Stearing sluggish in 4 wheel drive [email protected] Technology 1 December 30th 04 01:08 PM