Alan Moorman - deceased - Chrysler03.jpg (1/1)

Old March 11th 07, 01:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Dave Moorman

Default Alan Moorman - deceased - Chrysler03.jpg (1/1)

I wanted to let y'all know that my older brother, Alan Moorman of St.
Paul, MN, who used to lurk, post, and argue here, was found dead in his
home on Friday morning after I initiated a (second) well-being check.
Alan was very overweight and diabetic, apparently caught the flu, and
could not get out of it. I'll be going to St. Paul in a couple of weeks
to begin looking after his things, after we get back from Denver after
my younger brother's memorial service. He died on Monday morning, and
the last time I talked to Alan was when at 10:00 AM on Monday I told him
that our brother had finally lost his 9-month battle with a brain tumor.
Alan was not feeling well then.

It's not been a good week here!

Alan owns an unrestored but very drivable 1950 Chrysler which will now
be sold. Anyone interested?

Regards,

Dave

Dave Moorman
Downers Grove,
Illinois

Here's the Chrysler sitting in front of his house, apparently in 2000.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrysler03.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	40401
Old March 11th 07, 01:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
MagisterMax

Hello Dave, I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. Although we may not have
met Alan in person he was part of the on line community and as such he will
be missed. To lose one brother is bad enough but to lose two within days of
each other is very tragic. I wish you strength and courage in the days
ahead, Dave.

Max

]...

Old March 11th 07, 01:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Today, Dave Moorman made these interesting comments ...

> I wanted to let y'all know that my older brother, Alan Moorman
> of St. Paul, MN, who used to lurk, post, and argue here, was
> found dead in his home on Friday morning after I initiated a
> (second) well-being check. Alan was very overweight and
> diabetic, apparently caught the flu, and could not get out of
> it. I'll be going to St. Paul in a couple of weeks to begin
> looking after his things, after we get back from Denver after
> my younger brother's memorial service. He died on Monday
> morning, and the last time I talked to Alan was when at 10:00
> AM on Monday I told him that our brother had finally lost his
> 9-month battle with a brain tumor. Alan was not feeling well
> then.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Dave. I must say, though, that there
are those who never believed you were really his brother, you
thought and acted in this NG so differently.

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old March 11th 07, 04:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Mike

My condolences to you and your family, Dave.

I'm a long-time lurker here, and lost my younger brother Chris in September
06.

Mike Mynahan

Old March 11th 07, 04:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
24Bit®

Default "Dave Moorman" Alan Moorman - deceased - Chrysler03.jpg (1/1)

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:05:19 -0600, Dave Moorman
> Amazingly Replied without Prejudice below:

:>I wanted to let y'all know that my older brother, Alan Moorman of St.
:>Paul, MN, who used to lurk, post, and argue here, was found dead in his
:>home on Friday morning after I initiated a (second) well-being check.
:>Alan was very overweight and diabetic, apparently caught the flu, and
:>could not get out of it. I'll be going to St. Paul in a couple of weeks
:>to begin looking after his things, after we get back from Denver after
:>my younger brother's memorial service. He died on Monday morning, and
:>the last time I talked to Alan was when at 10:00 AM on Monday I told him
:>that our brother had finally lost his 9-month battle with a brain tumor.
:>Alan was not feeling well then.
:>
:>It's not been a good week here!
:>
:>Alan owns an unrestored but very drivable 1950 Chrysler which will now
:>be sold. Anyone interested?
:>
:>Regards,
:>
:>Dave
:>
:>Dave Moorman
:>Downers Grove,
:>Illinois
:>
:>Here's the Chrysler sitting in front of his house, apparently in 2000.

Sorry to hear about Alan, Dave, the end comes so fast at times, most are
not ready.
Take Care,

24Bit®
Old March 11th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
ThomasS2[_3_]

Sorry to hear about your double loss.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

ThomasS

Old March 11th 07, 08:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Peter C

How are you holding up Dave? This has to be a tremendously difficult time
for you and your family, loosing two brothers in a matter of days. My
sincerest condolences to you all.

Peter C

Old March 11th 07, 11:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Roadsign[_2_]

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:05:19 -0600, Dave Moorman
> wrote:

>I wanted to let y'all know that my older brother, Alan Moorman of St.
>Paul, MN, who used to lurk, post, and argue here, was found dead in his
>home on Friday morning after I initiated a (second) well-being check.
>Alan was very overweight and diabetic, apparently caught the flu, and
>could not get out of it. I'll be going to St. Paul in a couple of weeks
>to begin looking after his things, after we get back from Denver after
>my younger brother's memorial service. He died on Monday morning, and
>the last time I talked to Alan was when at 10:00 AM on Monday I told him
>that our brother had finally lost his 9-month battle with a brain tumor.
>Alan was not feeling well then.
>
>It's not been a good week here!
>
>Alan owns an unrestored but very drivable 1950 Chrysler which will now
>be sold. Anyone interested?
>
>Regards,
>
>Dave
>
>Dave Moorman
>Downers Grove,
>Illinois
>
>Here's the Chrysler sitting in front of his house, apparently in 2000.

Dave,

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Being the youngest in my family I
have been through that type of loss four times now. My prayers go out
to you and the rest of the family.

Roadsign, aka Tony
Old March 11th 07, 12:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
rob

lost my uncle (dads brother) then lost dad himself 2 1/2 weeks later last
year, so I fully understand your feelings right now.

my thoughts and prayers go out to you. let us know if we can do anything.

Old March 11th 07, 02:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Today, Dave Moorman made these interesting comments ...

> In article >,
> "HEMI-Powered" > wrote:
>
>> Sorry to hear of your loss, Dave. I must say, though, that
>> there are those who never believed you were really his
>> brother, you thought and acted in this NG so differently.

> :-) My wife and I got a chuckle from this observation, Jerry!
> : We were
> quite different people, and Alan had very few people skills.
> He worked as a video tape editor for the PBS in the Twin
> Cities. He was very good at what he did, but he had no life
> outside of work and was very isolated. I was a school social
> worker and worked with children aged 3 to 14, their families
> and teachers - a line of work that helps you develop empathy,
> compassion, understanding different points of view,
> gentleness, and the use of the encouraging word.

Dave, BTW, I'm sorry that you lost your other brother. I guess I
was insensitive because I didn't know him at all. Your comments
about Alan say it all. Now, no matter what anyone thought of him,
and you know I was quite negative, I still do not like to hear of
people dying younger than "their time", so my condolences.

--
HP, aka Jerry