Alan Moorman - deceased - Chrysler03.jpg (1/1)

Old March 11th 07, 02:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Dave Moorman

Default Alan Moorman - deceased - Chrysler03.jpg (1/1)

In article >,
"HEMI-Powered" > wrote:

> Sorry to hear of your loss, Dave. I must say, though, that there
> are those who never believed you were really his brother, you
> thought and acted in this NG so differently.

:-) My wife and I got a chuckle from this observation, Jerry! We were
quite different people, and Alan had very few people skills. He worked
as a video tape editor for the PBS in the Twin Cities. He was very good
at what he did, but he had no life outside of work and was very
isolated. I was a school social worker and worked with children aged 3
to 14, their families and teachers - a line of work that helps you
develop empathy, compassion, understanding different points of view,
gentleness, and the use of the encouraging word.

Such is life!

Dave
Old March 11th 07, 05:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Joseph Testagrose

Dave, my condolences on your double loss. Joe.

Old March 11th 07, 07:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers
Zinc[_2_]

Default Alan Moorman - deceased - Chrysler03.jpg

I can't imagine what it must be like to lose two brothers in a matter of
days. Very sorry to hear it, Dave.

--
Z~

On 10-Mar-2007, Dave Moorman > wrote:

> I wanted to let y'all know that my older brother, Alan Moorman of St.
> Paul, MN, who used to lurk, post, and argue here, was found dead in his
> home on Friday morning after I initiated a (second) well-being check.
> Alan was very overweight and diabetic, apparently caught the flu, and
> could not get out of it. I'll be going to St. Paul in a couple of weeks
> to begin looking after his things, after we get back from Denver after
> my younger brother's memorial service. He died on Monday morning, and
> the last time I talked to Alan was when at 10:00 AM on Monday I told him
> that our brother had finally lost his 9-month battle with a brain tumor.
> Alan was not feeling well then.
>
> It's not been a good week here!
>
> Alan owns an unrestored but very drivable 1950 Chrysler which will now
> be sold. Anyone interested?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

..

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 11th 07, 09:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Dave Doubleyew

Dave, I am a religious person and I only have a small amount of "faith" but
I hope at this time the words below will give you some small support.

May Our God of Love give you and your family His Peace and Understanding in
this sorrowful time.

Remember both of your brothers with love and the only the good times you had
with them.

Dave in Plymouth UK

]...

Old March 11th 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
betrtimes@green acres.farm

Dave Moorman wrote:
> I wanted to let y'all know that my older brother, Alan Moorman of St.
> Paul, MN, who used to lurk, post, and argue here, was found dead in
> his home on Friday morning after I initiated a (second) well-being
> check.

My condolenscents to your family.... beautiful car.... my grandma has a 1949
Chrysler with Fluid drive, she drove from 1951-1971, when she gave up
driving

Old March 13th 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Stephen Rees[_2_]

>> I wanted to let y'all know that my older brother, Alan Moorman
>> of St. Paul, MN, who used to lurk, post, and argue here, was
>> found dead in his home on Friday morning after I initiated a
>> (second) well-being check. Alan was very overweight and
>> diabetic, apparently caught the flu, and could not get out of
>> it. I'll be going to St. Paul in a couple of weeks to begin
>> looking after his things, after we get back from Denver after
>> my younger brother's memorial service. He died on Monday
>> morning, and the last time I talked to Alan was when at 10:00
>> AM on Monday I told him that our brother had finally lost his
>> 9-month battle with a brain tumor. Alan was not feeling well
>> then.

I just got back from a month in UK - for the funeral of my mother. I lost
my brother in May last year - who seems to have shared some of Alan's
qualities.

Please accept my sincere condolences

Stephen Rees
Old March 14th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Dave Moorman

In article >,
Stephen Rees > wrote:

> >> I wanted to let y'all know that my older brother, Alan Moorman
> >> of St. Paul, MN, who used to lurk, post, and argue here, was
> >> found dead in his home on Friday morning after I initiated a
> >> (second) well-being check. Alan was very overweight and
> >> diabetic, apparently caught the flu, and could not get out of
> >> it. I'll be going to St. Paul in a couple of weeks to begin
> >> looking after his things, after we get back from Denver after
> >> my younger brother's memorial service. He died on Monday
> >> morning, and the last time I talked to Alan was when at 10:00
> >> AM on Monday I told him that our brother had finally lost his
> >> 9-month battle with a brain tumor. Alan was not feeling well
> >> then.

> I just got back from a month in UK - for the funeral of my mother. I lost
> my brother in May last year - who seems to have shared some of Alan's
> qualities.
>
> Please accept my sincere condolences
>
> Stephen Rees

Thanks, Stephen. And please accept my condolences.

Dave
Old March 15th 07, 06:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Shalom Septimus

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:51:02 -0600, Dave Moorman
> wrote:

>Alan had very few people skills.

and

>I was a school social worker and worked with children aged 3
>to 14, their families and teachers

Do/did you deal with kids with Aspergers at all?

My condolences to you on your losses. May you experience no more
sorrow.

Shalom
Old March 16th 07, 05:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos,alt.binaries.pictures.autos.oldtimers,alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles
Dave Moorman

In article >,
Shalom Septimus > wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 08:51:02 -0600, Dave Moorman
> > wrote:
>
> >Alan had very few people skills.

> and
>
> >I was a school social worker and worked with children aged 3
> >to 14, their families and teachers

> Do/did you deal with kids with Aspergers at all?
>
> My condolences to you on your losses. May you experience no more
> sorrow.
>
> Shalom

Thanks, Shalom. Yes, I did deal with children who were high-functioning
with autism and also diagnosed with Aspergers. I always felt that they
had an intense feeling life.

Dave