1996 A4 SE - V5 engine?

Old December 31st 05, 09:56 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 1996 A4 SE - V5 engine?

> So there definately isnt a 1.8 V5? thats interesting since it is
> advertised as that but i cant seem to find any info on it on the
> internet. Heres the link but please dont harrass the poster cause of me
> !
>
> http://www.gumtree.com/london/15/3516015.html

Nah, definitely 4-pot 20v - 5 valves/cylinder. People get stuff like that
wrong all the time.

Called Pete? Join The Pete Collective NOW at www.thepetecollective.co.uk

Old January 1st 06, 11:21 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Peter Bell wrote:
> In message >
> "Tony Curran" > wrote:
>

>>I was responding to...

>>The 2300cc engine is the inline 5, aka the 20V, which of course is 4 valves
>>per cylinder.

> Ummm... okay. But it's even more confusing - VW did, indeed, produce a
> V5 (narrow angle 15 degrees?), similar to the VR6. The V5 is 2324cc,
> and was used in the Golf, Bora and Passat.

Even more confusing than that, there was a 10v inline 5 too, and a TDI.

IIRC, there's the 10V inline 5-cyl, used in the 90/100/200/Ur-Quattro in
various forms.

There's the 20v inline 5 used in the Ur-Quattro and S2 (?)

There's a 5 cyl Indirect turbo diesel, used in the 100/200

There's a 5 cyl TDI (direct injection) used in the 100. VW used this
detuned for the transporter, and I think this is the Volvo link, as
Volvo used it for a while. I've not heard of them using the petrol 5-cyl
engines, but since they *did* use the TDI, I'll believe they might ahve
done. They certainly used a petrol 5 cyl of some description.

There's the 1.8T 4 cyl with 20 valves that started this thread. Audi
badge the engine cover for this 5V, VW/Seat etc use '20V'.

And yes, as stated above, VW use a V5, but Audi have never used it.
Old January 1st 06, 11:56 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

The message >
from Chris Bartram > contains these words:

> There's a 5 cyl TDI (direct injection) used in the 100.

I've got one of them and jolly nice it is, too.

--
Skipweasel
Never knowingly understood. (Ivor Cutler)
Old January 1st 06, 05:12 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

snip
> There's the 20v inline 5 used in the Ur-Quattro and S2 (?)

The 20v is also used in the RS2 and ur-S4 and ur-S6.

Here in Canada, the new Jetta (Bora) comes with a 2.5L I5 20V engine.

Tony
96 S6

Old January 22nd 06, 08:56 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

> Here in Canada, the new Jetta (Bora) comes with a 2.5L I5 20V engine.

Bora was a name used for the previous model of what we call the Jetta. In Europe the new model of what we call the Jetta is called a
Jetta as well.

cp