Sirius SIR-PNR1 and Honda Civic 2001 installation

Old June 18th 05, 11:08 PM
brian

Default Sirius SIR-PNR1 and Honda Civic 2001 installation

I am trying to install a Sirius satellite radio antenna on my 2001
Honda Civic HX coupe. The instructions state that the ideal mounting
location is in the center of the roof, 6" from the rear window.

Obviously, in order to accomplish this task, the antenna connector
needs to be inserted thru the rear window seal from the outside in.

Has anyone succeeded in doing so on a 2001 thru 2005 Civic coupe? If
so, then how did you do it? If not, then how did you ultimately mount
your Sirius satellite antenna?

tks.

- brian

--
tired of paying interest on your credit cards?
check out http://www.zeropercentcards.com/

Old June 19th 05, 04:24 AM
electron pimp

You can mount the antenna near the front or back glass, it works just fine
there.

--
WDW is a Way of Life
oups.com...

Old June 19th 05, 03:13 PM
brian

yeah - that is where I want to put it, but just HOW do I get it thru
the window seal???

tks.

- brian

Old June 19th 05, 05:29 PM
Scott Gardner

On 19 Jun 2005 07:13:00 -0700, "brian" >
wrote:

>yeah - that is where I want to put it, but just HOW do I get it thru
>the window seal???
>
>tks.
>
>- brian

I don't think I've ever seen one routed that way (going through the
back window between the window and car body). Do the installation
instructions show the cable being routed that way? I always thought
the roof-mounted antennae had their cables passing through a hole in
the roof, and then running behind the headline and down the A-pillar
to the radio.

If you really have to get it between the glass and the body, you might
have to call a glass-repair place to come remove your rear glass, then
re-install it after you've routed the cable. Depending on how thick
the cable is, you might even have to cut a clearance notch in the body
to make it fit.

Trying to get the cable through with the glass in place is just asking
for either broken glass or a leaky hole for water to come in.

--
Scott Gardner

"A billion hours ago, human life appeared on earth. A billion minutes ago, Christianity emerged. A billion Coca Colas ago was yesterday morning. " (from a Coca-Cola report)

Old June 21st 05, 06:13 AM
John Durbin

Use a hook tool with no point (radiator hose removal tool) to guide the
cable carefully around and underneath the rear window gasket until you
reach the trunk opening, then loop it through that into the car.

JD