New to Audi-especially allroad

Old April 9th 07, 11:43 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Murph

Default New to Audi-especially allroad

Hi all,
I'm considering buying a 2001 allroad, 2.7T Quattro. The car is a
rocket, has almost 51k on the odometer, fully equipped sans sunroof &
Nav system. I'd rate it as in very good condition. We haven't arrived at
a price yet, though I'd be buying it from a good friend.

I've done as much research as I can but have a few concerns.
1. Tranny probs seem to be most common, specifically the Tip-Tronic. Any
comments?

2. Just how expensive is routine service in general? I've been a devoted
driver of stodgy Volvo's, RWD only. Easy car to work on & I can perform
the heaviest of routine repairs, ie; brakes, struts, bushings etc. I
just don't wanna do it anymore?

3. Any pitfalls I need to be aware of going in with my eyes as wide open
as possible? I LOVE the car. Thnx. for any advice.

Murph
Old April 10th 07, 01:35 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyJ

1. The Tip is a good trans if you treat it well. Don't believe the manual about
it being filled with lifetime fluid. Drain, refill and replace filter at 60K
intervals and check the other drive line fluids at the same time. Use the Audi
fluid even if it is costly.

Regular maintenance should be similar to you Volvos is you find a reputable
local independent shop. As around in local forums on the Audi forums to see who
is good in your area.

Never! take it to ANY of the quick oil change shops. DIY with recommended
Synthetic oil and oil filters from dealer. Mahle is one brand. Cheap filters are
the bane of Audis.

Consider getting a VAG system to allow you to diagnose and issues with your
laptop and be informed when talking to the mechanic who will crank the wrench. A
bit over $200 will give you a great diagnostic tool.
http://www.ross-tech.com/index.html

The Allroad is a great car but understand that the great performance is produced
by the 2.7 biturbo which is strong but a bit complex. The K03 turbos should last
a long time but if the need work step #1 is remove the engine ...

The quattro AWD system is usually bullet proof.

Enjoy the ride.

Audi allroad quattro miller_m Audi 1 July 18th 08 04:49 AM
Audi A6 Allroad 2.5tdi quattro Dave Audi 0 March 9th 06 09:45 PM
AWA [OFFER] New Audi Allroad Surplus [email protected] General 0 January 27th 06 03:51 AM
audi allroad or a4 quattro Sharkman540i Audi 2 September 11th 05 09:13 AM
Audi Allroad Concept @ audi4u audi4u Audi 0 January 11th 05 09:21 AM