Battery Light always on

Old August 25th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mike

Default Battery Light always on

When the light first came on, I had the alternator serviced, voltage
regulator changed, etc. The repair shop told me it was all working fine now
but the light continued to shine and he didn't know why. The voltage to the
battery was the same when I took it in as when I picked up the car - around
15.3Volts. Silly me for thinking it was too high. I always thought 14.8Volts
was what it should be. Anyhow, anybody have any ideas what is causing the
light to stay on? Perhaps a relay somewhere, broken wire, etc.?? Thanks in
advance.

Old August 28th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck

There is a key piece of information missing-- The model year of your Miata!
Different model years & NA vs. NB use different schemes and hardware to
control the Alternator.
In the old days, from your complaint, it would be assumed that your
regulator is suspect, or there is a wiring problem.
Some years use an alternator that is controlled by of all things, the
instrument panel module. Others have a separate regulator.
There are some variations that make the alternator year or part year
specific.
I don't even want to get into differences between US, European, Japaness,
and other market area variations.
It's also quite possible that a blocking diode is bad, and the real problem
is to find it. Finally, some Mazda models will turn on the alternator light
if a brake light bulb is bad or have a poor connection.
It's best to have a wiring diagram in hand when chasing this sort of
problem, unless you enjoy being frustrated.

Recharging Battery? Nino NoSpam Honda 12 July 10th 06 04:50 PM
Did I replace my battery too soon? mswlogo Chrysler 8 June 15th 06 11:26 AM
2001 Civic battery light - charging system indicator light wont go off. Conradical Honda 2 February 13th 06 06:26 PM
Brand new battery, battery light still comes ON and off adf Honda 3 February 11th 06 03:26 AM
Mopar Oil Filter Number(s) do not spam Chrysler 3 January 7th 06 01:18 PM