Kit for 1.6L to 1.8L upgrade?

Old May 6th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Kit for 1.6L to 1.8L upgrade?

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Alan Baker > wrote in
> :
>
> > That *claim* may be in error, but that doesn't make the *video* a
> > fraud.

> It's represented as something that it's not. That's fraud.

Again. The person doing the representing might be doing so fraudulently,
but you claimed the *video* was a fraud.

Why not simply admit you made an error?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old May 7th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> Alan Baker > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > That *claim* may be in error, but that doesn't make the *video*
>> > a fraud.

>> It's represented as something that it's not. That's fraud.

> Again. The person doing the representing might be doing so
> fraudulently, but you claimed the *video* was a fraud.
>
> Why not simply admit you made an error?

Because I didn't? Seems like a good enough reason to me.

The video is a fraud as I previously stated as it represents itself as
something that it isn't. You might want to watch it again.

Old May 7th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Alan Baker > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > XS11E > wrote:
> >
> >> Alan Baker > wrote in
> >> :

> >> It's represented as something that it's not. That's fraud.

> > Again. The person doing the representing might be doing so
> > fraudulently, but you claimed the *video* was a fraud.
> >
> > Why not simply admit you made an error?

> Because I didn't? Seems like a good enough reason to me.
>
> The video is a fraud as I previously stated as it represents itself as
> something that it isn't. You might want to watch it again.

It doesn't represent itself as anything other than a video of a Miata on
a car club lapping day.

Old May 8th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws wrote:
> I would not expect a big difference in fuel economy between the two
> engines, the amount of gas that you use per mile will mainly be
> determined by your foot.

Having just swapped from a '91 1.6 to a '93 1.8 I've found little or no
difference in fuel usage. Fuel economy in either is not much better than
our V6 family sedan.

I think it's mainly 'cos the Miata likes to rev. I don't drive the
family sedan at 5000+ rpm but the Miata responds so well it just begs to
be driven like that.

Besides - who buys a sports car for fuel economy?

--

Mr Q
-------------------
Old May 8th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws > wrote in news:%WS6g.6718$Qq.4229
@tornado.texas.rr.com:

> XS11E wrote:
>
>> Did you notice that every car that was passed slowed, pulled over and
>> waved the Miata past? What the video showed was apparently not a race
>> but a club event of some type, a practice session or such.

> It was not every driver that waved, but waving a person over who is
> badly outdriving you is pretty standard. Once you realize that you are
> slowing them down, it is simple courtesy.
> Of course, you don't see this in truly professional events, but this
> video is not top-end racing. It is also not a fraud of any sort.

Actually, it happens in pro racing too. Any supercross fans out there
know that it is pretty common in that sport. Running 20 laps w/ laptimes
under a minute for the leaders, lapped traffic is part of the game.
Lappers are always moving out of the way of lead riders, not always w/ an
actual wave, but that's the idea. Actually, this past weekend was the
final race of the Supercross season and a rider in 3rd place basically
waved on the 4th place rider behind him.. a unique case, obviously, but
not unheard of.

-Scott
Old May 8th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Scott Hughes wrote:

> Actually, it happens in pro racing too. Any supercross fans out there
> know that it is pretty common in that sport. Running 20 laps w/ laptimes
> under a minute for the leaders, lapped traffic is part of the game.
> Lappers are always moving out of the way of lead riders, not always w/ an
> actual wave, but that's the idea. Actually, this past weekend was the
> final race of the Supercross season and a rider in 3rd place basically
> waved on the 4th place rider behind him.. a unique case, obviously, but
> not unheard of.
>
> -Scott

The lapped traffic is obviously engaging in fraud. There is no
possibility that I am wrong about this. ;-)

Pat