Kit for 1.6L to 1.8L upgrade?

Old May 6th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Kit for 1.6L to 1.8L upgrade?

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> It gets terrible gas mileage. My carbureted 1985 Accord gets 15% better
> mileage on the highway. Of course, it's dog-slow and boring as a
> television sitcom.

Ok, I was trying to be nice. It does get terrible gas mileage.

You, on the other hand, are being too nice to television sitcoms. There
is no way that your Honda is nearly as boring as the current crop of
crap that is on television.

See, we don't disagree on everything...... :-)

Pat
Old May 6th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Alan Baker > wrote in
> :
>
> >> Yes, I saw the video. It's obviously a fraud, watch it again.

> > I'm sorry, but what makes it obviously a fraud?

> Did you notice that every car that was passed slowed, pulled over and
> waved the Miata past? What the video showed was apparently not a race
> but a club event of some type, a practice session or such.

Ummmm... where did anyone claim it was a race?

Straight from the source:

"Gone Fishin' is 11 minutes of exciting footage taken at the CIR Porsche
Club lapping day in October 2005 at Putnam Park Road Course."

http://www.new.aimtuning.com/

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old May 6th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> Alan Baker > wrote in
>> :

>> > I'm sorry, but what makes it obviously a fraud?

>> Did you notice that every car that was passed slowed, pulled over
>> and waved the Miata past? What the video showed was apparently
>> not a race but a club event of some type, a practice session or
>> such.
>>

> Ummmm... where did anyone claim it was a race?
>
> Straight from the source:
>
> "Gone Fishin' is 11 minutes of exciting footage taken at the CIR
> Porsche Club lapping day in October 2005 at Putnam Park Road
> Course."
>
> http://www.new.aimtuning.com/

Exactly my point. The Miata passed because they let it, not because it
was faster.
Old May 6th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Alan Baker > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > XS11E > wrote:
> >
> >> Alan Baker > wrote in
> >> :

> >> Did you notice that every car that was passed slowed, pulled over
> >> and waved the Miata past? What the video showed was apparently
> >> not a race but a club event of some type, a practice session or
> >> such.
> >>

> > Ummmm... where did anyone claim it was a race?
> >
> > Straight from the source:
> >
> > "Gone Fishin' is 11 minutes of exciting footage taken at the CIR
> > Porsche Club lapping day in October 2005 at Putnam Park Road
> > Course."
> >
> > http://www.new.aimtuning.com/

> Exactly my point. The Miata passed because they let it, not because it
> was faster.

No. You could as easily conclude that they let it buy because it was
faster and this wasn't a race (and thus everyone would have been given
pretty strict instructions about not actually trying to race one
another).

My take on it is that the Miata was both reasonably fast and more
importantly, probably driven by someone who was far more capable and
keen to *go* fast than a lot of the cars out there.

Old May 6th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Yes, Mazda replaced the connecting rods and the pistons, for starters

Bruce Bing 03 LS

Old May 6th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> Alan Baker > wrote in
>> :

>> > Ummmm... where did anyone claim it was a race?
>> >
>> > Straight from the source:
>> >
>> > "Gone Fishin' is 11 minutes of exciting footage taken at the
>> > CIR Porsche Club lapping day in October 2005 at Putnam Park
>> > Road Course."
>> >
>> > http://www.new.aimtuning.com/

>> Exactly my point. The Miata passed because they let it, not
>> because it was faster.

> No. You could as easily conclude that they let it buy because it
> was faster and this wasn't a race (and thus everyone would have
> been given pretty strict instructions about not actually trying to
> race one another).
>
> My take on it is that the Miata was both reasonably fast and more
> importantly, probably driven by someone who was far more capable
> and keen to *go* fast than a lot of the cars out there.

Again you make my point, the Miata passed because it was allowed to do
so, not because it was capable of doing so had the other drivers been
willing to race.
Old May 6th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Alan Baker > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > XS11E > wrote:
> >
> >> Alan Baker > wrote in
> >> :

> >> Exactly my point. The Miata passed because they let it, not
> >> because it was faster.

> > No. You could as easily conclude that they let it buy because it
> > was faster and this wasn't a race (and thus everyone would have
> > been given pretty strict instructions about not actually trying to
> > race one another).
> >
> > My take on it is that the Miata was both reasonably fast and more
> > importantly, probably driven by someone who was far more capable
> > and keen to *go* fast than a lot of the cars out there.

> Again you make my point, the Miata passed because it was allowed to do
> so, not because it was capable of doing so had the other drivers been
> willing to race.

No. I suggest that there *may* have been another explanation, but to
declare it definite fraud is another matter.

I admit to the possibility that I have it wrong, you do not.

Old May 6th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote in
:

> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> Alan Baker > wrote in
>> :

>> > No. You could as easily conclude that they let it buy because
>> > it was faster and this wasn't a race (and thus everyone would
>> > have been given pretty strict instructions about not actually
>> > trying to race one another).
>> >
>> > My take on it is that the Miata was both reasonably fast and
>> > more importantly, probably driven by someone who was far more
>> > capable and keen to *go* fast than a lot of the cars out there.

>> Again you make my point, the Miata passed because it was allowed
>> to do so, not because it was capable of doing so had the other
>> drivers been willing to race.

> No. I suggest that there *may* have been another explanation, but
> to declare it definite fraud is another matter.
>
> I admit to the possibility that I have it wrong, you do not.

There's no possibility that I'm wrong, the film is offered as evidence
that the Miata is capable of passing cars generally considered faster,
it shows no such thing. Claiming that it does is the fraud here.

Old May 6th 06, 07:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> Alan Baker > wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >,
> > XS11E > wrote:
> >
> >> Alan Baker > wrote in
> >> :

> >> Again you make my point, the Miata passed because it was allowed
> >> to do so, not because it was capable of doing so had the other
> >> drivers been willing to race.

> > No. I suggest that there *may* have been another explanation, but
> > to declare it definite fraud is another matter.
> >
> > I admit to the possibility that I have it wrong, you do not.

> There's no possibility that I'm wrong, the film is offered as evidence
> that the Miata is capable of passing cars generally considered faster,
> it shows no such thing. Claiming that it does is the fraud here.

That *claim* may be in error, but that doesn't make the *video* a fraud.

Old May 6th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Alan Baker > wrote in
:

> That *claim* may be in error, but that doesn't make the *video* a
> fraud.

It's represented as something that it's not. That's fraud.