'87 COUPE GT CIS-EIII Wiring Schematic?

Old January 19th 06, 07:20 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default '87 COUPE GT CIS-EIII Wiring Schematic?

7/87 production date. 2.3 5 cyl. CIS-EIII. The Bentley '84-'87 Coupe GT
manual does not show this car with CIS-EIII System. The manual shows all
with 25 pin ECM. This car has 35 pin ECM. The '88-'90 Audi 80/90 Bentley
manual shows CIS-EIII for 5 cyl., but the pin-outs and wire colors don't
match. The '87 Audi 5000 Bentley manual-same problem. A call to the
local Audi dealer Service-dead end. No supplemental service manuals for
'87 Coupe GT w/ CIS-EIII. The car has serious drivability issues related
to engine management, but without correct schematic diagnosis will be
very difficult.
Any Ideas?
JR
Old January 19th 06, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I would suspect that the driveability issues you are experiencing are due to
issues other than the ECU. They tend to be rock solid in the T44s. It is much
more likely that you have problems with vacuum, temp sensors, fueling ...

A very good resource is the following site:
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/

You can search history and get help from other very helpful T44 owners he
http://forums.audiworld.com/v8/
Don't let the V8 in the link foll you it is mostly for the I5 engines.

TonyJ
former owner of four T44s

Old January 19th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

JR,
That sounds like one of those Special Build 1987.5 Coupes with the higher
compression (NF?) engine, 4 wheel disc brakes and body coloured rear
spoiler. The change over the 1986-era coupe in engine management was the
addition of knock-sensing.
You may be able to find help at Huw Powell's site:
www.humanspeakers.com/audi
specifically:
http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/tuning-cise.htm
Now, you don't mention the "drivability issues", but you wouldn't be missing
the "spare 10A fuse" in the fusebox that is actually needed (but not well
labelled), would you?
A posting to www.audifans.com or the 4k/urQ/CGT newsgroup on Audiworld may
get you the help you are seeking.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

.. .

Old January 19th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Thanks, guys so far-
The driveability issues a
Intermittently loses trigger to ignition module-engine stumbles/dies
Intermittently pulls DPR to +12v-no current modulation-rough idle
intermittent No response to ECT input-tests ok, then later fault appears
The engine runs perfect when faults not present
This car does NOT have KNS
Does have body-colored spoiler
JR

Old January 19th 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

OOps, yes it does

Old January 19th 06, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I would be suspecting a bad hall sensor in the distributor. They can be
intermittent like you describe.

Another longer shot would be an intermittent failure of the fuel pump relay but
this wouldn't throw the fault codes you are finding.