You guys getting sick of me yet? lol

Old September 21st 05, 05:47 AM
Super Nick via CarKB.com

Default You guys getting sick of me yet? lol

Ok, i have this new problem with my super, just in the last week or two
whenever i go to take off, it feels as if my bug just dies, well almost, till
i let of the gas push the clutch in and try again. Im wondering if maybe it
could be due to it not having a tune up in so long, maybe i have some wires
or plugs going out and its missing really bad, or maybe from my cap and rotor?
i checked my fuel filter and it lookes fine. Im just lost, any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Old September 21st 05, 06:07 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Super Nick via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> Ok, i have this new problem with my super, just in the last week or two
> whenever i go to take off, it feels as if my bug just dies, well almost,

till
> i let of the gas push the clutch in and try again. Im wondering if maybe

it
> could be due to it not having a tune up in so long, maybe i have some

wires
> or plugs going out and its missing really bad, or maybe from my cap and

rotor?
> i checked my fuel filter and it lookes fine. Im just lost, any help will

be
> greatly appreciated.
>

> --

almost all trouble shooting based on symptoms at this point are
worthless....you seem to know the car needs a tune up...you need to get that
stuff done *first* then deal with any actual problems you have...

Old September 21st 05, 08:02 AM
Juper Wort

"Super Nick via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
> Ok, i have this new problem with my super, just in the last week or two
> whenever i go to take off, it feels as if my bug just dies, well almost,

till
> i let of the gas push the clutch in and try again. Im wondering if maybe

it
> could be due to it not having a tune up in so long, maybe i have some

wires
> or plugs going out and its missing really bad, or maybe from my cap and

rotor?
> i checked my fuel filter and it lookes fine. Im just lost, any help will

be
> greatly appreciated.
>

> --

Dont suppose you know whether you have an 009 distributer do you ? Does it
have a ufu shaped can on the side ? do a bit of lookup on this group for
009 and you will see........

Old September 21st 05, 09:13 AM
Tricky

Juper Wort wrote:
> "Super Nick via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
>
>>Ok, i have this new problem with my super, just in the last week or two
>>whenever i go to take off, it feels as if my bug just dies, well almost,

> till
>
>>i let of the gas push the clutch in and try again. Im wondering if maybe

> it
>
>>could be due to it not having a tune up in so long, maybe i have some

> wires
>
>>or plugs going out and its missing really bad, or maybe from my cap and

> rotor?
>
>>i checked my fuel filter and it lookes fine. Im just lost, any help will

> be
>
>>greatly appreciated.
>>

>>--

> Dont suppose you know whether you have an 009 distributer do you ? Does it
> have a ufu shaped can on the side ? do a bit of lookup on this group for
> 009 and you will see........

one of my busses has an 009 and I need to tap the gas pedal slightly to
pump some gas before pulling away. After a while it becomes automatic
and I dont think about doing it. There is a fix for it, just havent
gotten around to it !

Rich
Old September 21st 05, 10:15 AM
KWW

Of course, if it needs a tuneup, then maybe the point follower is so worn
down that the points are nearly closed. Happened to me a few times... Once
had to use a box from a new set of points to gap them on the road when my
feeler gauges were at home ("follower" or whatever that finger is called
that touches the cam and causes the points to open/close when it is pushed
by the lobes)
--
KWW
'65 Beetle (Jenny the IOC)

Old September 21st 05, 09:47 PM
Dennis Wik

To help the 009 hesitation, set the accelerator pump to the max
position...works for me

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old September 25th 05, 08:35 AM
Henderson

Dennis Wik wrote:

> To help the 009 hesitation, set the accelerator pump to the max
> position...works for me

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
> 1977 Puma</a>

If you run a 009 jet PIC-34 one bigger than stock--it will help a lot.

HELLO GUYS!... arem_29 Simulators 0 July 28th 05 11:13 AM
Hi Guys. First Time Poster roy958 Driving 0 March 17th 05 11:32 PM
who dyes absolutely, when Murray irritates the sick shoe against the ladder Kirsten General 0 January 14th 05 10:15 PM
You guys just HAD to go and talk about wax! jameson Corvette 18 October 19th 04 02:50 AM