How to fix a stripped spark plug?

Old September 20th 05, 01:56 AM
Earl Brown

Default How to fix a stripped spark plug?

I lost a plug today. That explains the bad mileage this last week. But I'm
in a tight spot - I need my daily driver.

Could someone give me a link to a "how to fix it" site?

Thanks!
Earl

Old September 20th 05, 04:05 AM
remco

"Earl Brown" > wrote in message
> I lost a plug today. That explains the bad mileage this last week. But

I'm
> in a tight spot - I need my daily driver.
>
> Could someone give me a link to a "how to fix it" site?
>
> Thanks!
> Earl

I've only used those helicoil inserts once but can't find a good site on how
to put them in.
This is a slightly different mechanism (never used these) but may give you
an idea: http://www.timesert.com/html/howtosp.html

Perhaps someone else here has a better idea or link.

Remco

Old September 25th 05, 09:04 AM
Henderson

remco wrote:

> "Earl Brown" > wrote in message
>> I lost a plug today. That explains the bad mileage thcleaningeek. But

> I'm
>> in a tight spot - I need my daily driver.
>>
>> Could someone give me a link to a "how to fix it" site?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Earl
>>

> I've only used those helicoil inserts once but can't find a good site on
> how to put them in.
> This is a slightly different mechanism (never used these) but may give you
> an idea: http://www.timesert.com/html/howtosp.html
>
> Perhaps someone else here has a better idea or link.
>
> Remco

Get the right tap for the helicoil and glob grease on it!! this should help
from keeping junk going into engine by having most of it stick to tap. Do
only a little at a time cleaning tap after each couple threads and
regreasing.

THIS IS NO GARENTE YOU WON'T SCREW UP YOU ENGINE.

An old outboard boat engine mechanic showed me this trick once. He said
people are always crosstheadding the plugs on these when winterizing them.

You are taking a risk. Clean screen after starting.