Newbie

Old July 31st 09, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

Default Newbie

> I just hope that my attitude improves, rather than getting worse as I get
> closer to his age, assuming that I make it that long.

Assuming he's really that age.

And as no doubt Davoud would want pointed out - speaking accurately, you
will not in fact ever truly get closer to his age until after he dies. Until
then, both of you accrue age at an identical rate.

miker

Old July 31st 09, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Stephen Toth > wrote:

> Yes, I made a grammer mistake and all of these modern computer
> tools did not catch it for me. I am human.

Why you ignoramous! I cannot believe anyone hear wood make a grammar
or speling misteak, SHAME ON YOU!

As punishment, your forbidden to lie about you're gas mileage like the
rest of us do.... <GD&R>

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old July 31st 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> Speaking of opinions, my own opinion is that Davoud is an
> argumentative prick, and yes, I have often been accused of being
> the same, so maybe it takes one to know one.

Ditto.

> I just hope that my attitude improves, rather than getting worse
> as I get closer to his age, assuming that I make it that long.

Mine just got worse with age, you probably will too! ;-)

> With an attitude like his at age 65, it will not ever change,
> which probably pleases him greatly, but it almost has to be pure
> hell for the average person that he encounters if they have to put
> up with it for more than say, 10 minutes.

Am I the only one here who considers Davoud just an immature snot nosed
kid? Dunno, I was 65 once, don't recall much about it (or anything
else, for that matter!)

Old July 31st 09, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Davoud[_2_]

Stephen Toth:
> Davoud, it is hard to determine exactly how to take your posts.
> I do not know you yet, so will reserve judgment, but you make it
> difficult to believe that you do not try to be argumentative and
> authoritarian.
> I am often accused of the same.

I think that I am to be taken pretty much at face value. If I ask a
question it is because I want to know something. Someone posts, I ask a
question, they answer, I learn. If I disagree, or think I know better,
I might say so. Or not. I'm try to be an uncomplicated person.

As for being authoritarian, during my working career I liked to say "My
idea of teamwork is when a bunch of people get together and do exactly
what I tell them to do." My feeling was that when I'm retired and one
of them has moved up to take my position and s/he thinks that s/he
knows a better way, s/he can have her/his team do it his/her way. What
some people call micromanagement has another, older name--attention to
detail. It's a tried and true method of getting a job done right.

It's true that BS doesn't work well on me; I told you that I've been
using off-brand fuels whenever I could for many years without ill
effects. The same goes for 3,000 mi. oil changes. There, however, I
would like to see the FTC step in and have the oil companies run ads
telling the public that "we have been lying to you" about the need to
change oil every 3k. You may be too young to remember that the FTC (or
was it the FDA?) once required Wonder Bread to run a series of TV spots
that had to include the words "we have been lying." (Their "low-cal"
bread was lower-cal per slice *only* because the slices were thinner!)

I very much appreciated your "you may have worked in retail fuel
channels" bit. I once managed an Enco (Humble Oil Co., pre Exxon)
station in West Texas, but from now on I'm going to tell people that I
once worked in retail fuel channels. :--)

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old July 31st 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

I love you guys! "don't recall much about it'! I haven't read Davoud's
reply yet but I remain optimistic that he 'gets over himself', has a laugh
about it and continues with us in a bit more 'relaxed' mode. Hey, I can
hope!

Chris
99BBB

Old August 1st 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> "XS11E" > wrote in message

>> Am I the only one here who considers Davoud just an immature snot
>> nosed kid? Dunno, I was 65 once, don't recall much about it (or
>> anything else, for that matter!)

> I love you guys! "don't recall much about it'!

It was a loooooog time ago! I don't even remember breakfast...

You know what they say, "If you remember your 60s, you weren't there!"
or something like that?

I know I was there because I came out the other side with less hair and
a lot grouchier.

Old August 1st 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Davoud, I was optimistic that you would make a reasonable post. In fact I've
really enjoyed most all of what you've commented (I know, you might well not
care what I think, that's your choice and it's my choice to go ahead and say
it anyway just in case you care. We've been thru all of this before as, you
have,I'm sure) but I agree with Pat and several others that; if you don't
mind, we could do without the grammar and punctuation lessons. You'll NEVER
be able to fix us all and you'll never be happy trying so why not just
accept us flawed folks as we are and try to enjoy the group?! As I said
previously, we can definitely benefit from new blood and new blood with an
edge, is even better.

I'm still hoping to hear a bit more about that Austin Healey 3000 the OP
mentioned and I have more than a hunch that you can share some sports car
stories. Remember, we're not your team, your just one of the team members
here, enjoy it! It's allot more fun than being in charge all the time ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old August 1st 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> You know what they say, "If you remember your 60s, you weren't there!"
> or something like that?
>
> I know I was there because I came out the other side with less hair and
> a lot grouchier.

60's? I only had to hit the other side of 25 before my hair began the
inevitable decline from head down to shoulders and back.

I don't actually have less hair, it simply migrated South.

As far as grouchy, I was more grouchy in my early 30's than I am now as
I finally chase down 40 in a few months.
It may just be caused by astonishment that I made it to this rather
advance age. ;-)

Pat
Old August 1st 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Davoud, I was optimistic that you would make a reasonable post. In fact
> I've really enjoyed most all of what you've commented (I know, you might
> well not care what I think, that's your choice and it's my choice to go
> ahead and say it anyway just in case you care. We've been thru all of
> this before as, you have,I'm sure) but I agree with Pat and several
> others that; if you don't mind, we could do without the grammar and
> punctuation lessons. You'll NEVER be able to fix us all and you'll never
> be happy trying so why not just accept us flawed folks as we are and try
> to enjoy the group?! As I said previously, we can definitely benefit
> from new blood and new blood with an edge, is even better.
>
> I'm still hoping to hear a bit more about that Austin Healey 3000 the OP
> mentioned and I have more than a hunch that you can share some sports
> car stories. Remember, we're not your team, your just one of the team
> members here, enjoy it! It's allot more fun than being in charge all the
> time ;-)
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Excellent post, Chris.

Chris is one of the most decent and kind people I have ever met in my life.
Heeding his advice has never led me astray and I feel lucky to count him
amongst my good friends.

Pat

Old August 1st 09, 06:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Davoud[_2_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> I love you guys! "don't recall much about it'! I haven't read Davoud's
> reply yet but I remain optimistic that he 'gets over himself', has a laugh
> about it and continues with us in a bit more 'relaxed' mode. Hey, I can
> hope!

If you think about it, there is no possible reply to those insults.
"pws" wrote "my own opinion is that Davoud is an argumentative
prick..." That is irrefutable--not that I am what he said, but that
that is his opinion. What could I say in reply? "No, that isn't your
opinion at all?" Hardly.

Ditto "immature snot nosed kid.*" Such a post is far from worthy of a
reply.

(Sorry, REALLY, TRULY sorry, but the author of that one omitted the
hyphen from the compound adjective "snot-nosed" and YOU CAN'T DO THAT
IN ENGLISH if you want literate people to read what you write. Compare
"I saw a man eating tiger" and "I saw a man-eating tiger."

Let the next round of flames begin. I'm killing this thread--I'm away
on a trip in the great American midwest and I don't have time for
trolling remarks such as those below!

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

A Newbie Just Saying Hello! alalhp6d[_3_] Chrysler 2 August 12th 08 12:19 AM
Newbie [email protected] Simulators 2 July 6th 07 03:00 PM
newbie in need duffy VW air cooled 5 January 18th 06 04:51 PM
newbie crzybus VW air cooled 29 May 2nd 05 12:13 PM
newbie 4x4 Eddy Long 4x4 3 February 4th 05 03:36 AM