Cheats in f1challenge 99-02

Old December 7th 04, 09:34 PM
Ken

Default Cheats in f1challenge 99-02

I have been playing this game for years and I think I am qyuite fast at some
tracks.

How can people cheat in this game?

If I am in a Ferrari with miniumum wing and another Ferrari can be 4 seconds
behind me and then suddenly go by like I am stopped when in actual fact I am
doing 200mph. The same cars SHOULD have similar performance.

How do people hack the game to increase their performance?

Old December 8th 04, 12:05 AM
Jan Verschueren

"Ken" wrote...
> I have been playing this game for years and I think I am quite
> fast at some tracks.
>
> How can people cheat in this game?
>
> If I am in a Ferrari with miniumum wing and another Ferrari
> can be 4 seconds behind me and then suddenly go by like I am
> stopped when in actual fact I am doing 200mph. The same cars
> SHOULD have similar performance.
>
> How do people hack the game to increase their performance?

They edit some files, or simply use a differt carset than you do.

The fact that F1C is easily moddable (i.e. it's quite easy for users to
create additional/different cars and tracks), also means it's quite easy to
change the performance values of the original cars. Unfortunately, servers
only indicate there's a difference to the server configuration instead of
locking out drivers whose installations differ (which, on an other level, is
good as different language versions, the no-CD patch and custom paintjobs
have also been known to generate this error).

The long and short of it, for any online racing game, is: don't race against
people you can't trust to voluntarily keep a level playing field with you.

Jan.
=---

Old December 8th 04, 05:01 AM
Dave Henrie

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in
:

> The long and short of it, for any online racing game, is: don't race
> against people you can't trust to voluntarily keep a level playing
> field with you.
>
> Jan.
> =---

Right now, the only real error checking(read cheat patrol) is through
F1rst2. But that, I think, is limited to making sure everyone has the same
car type...i.e. F1 cars or Touring cars. There are usually lots of error
messages online when you get people using hacked cars. But also you get
these messages when you have two different versions of the no-cd file.
There was an online service that had extensive cheat protection, I forget
the name, but it went offline a couple of years ago.
As far as speed goes...just subtracting some weight from your car
through text file editing can drastically affect straight line speed.
Finally, speaking as somebody who has been passed alot, your speed on
the straight all depends on how you exited the corner. If the blazingingly
fast guy just really did well on a corner, he really could fly by.

dave henrie