no start question for 1990

Old April 27th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default no start question for 1990

Following a winter in the garage with the battery removed my Miata
won't start. The battery has been fully charged. The car does not
crank. In fact almost nothing will work. The emergency flashers,
signal lights, wipers etc all won't work but the headlights do. Near
as I can tell other than the headlights nothing else is receiving
power when the ignition switch is rotated to the on position.

Is this a possible faulty ignition switch? Is there a main fuse that
could fail and produce the same symptoms?
Thanks for your help with this.

Greg
Old April 27th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chas Hurst[_1_]

> wrote in message
> Following a winter in the garage with the battery removed my Miata
> won't start. The battery has been fully charged. The car does not
> crank. In fact almost nothing will work. The emergency flashers,
> signal lights, wipers etc all won't work but the headlights do. Near
> as I can tell other than the headlights nothing else is receiving
> power when the ignition switch is rotated to the on position.
>
> Is this a possible faulty ignition switch? Is there a main fuse that
> could fail and produce the same symptoms?
> Thanks for your help with this.
>
> Greg

There is a main fuse in the engine compartment. It usually blows if the
battery is hooked up backwards. Other than that it sounds like you have a
bad electrical connection.

1990 E30 M40 hot start problem [email protected] BMW 3 August 29th 06 02:38 PM
My 1990 civic won't start JF[_1_] Honda 1 July 6th 06 02:19 PM
1990 mazda mpv 4wd won't start help tamra2 Technology 1 February 11th 06 02:28 AM
No start 1990 CRX HF Rex B Honda 8 March 10th 05 12:54 PM
1990 Civic Wagon won't start Jeff Prus Honda 5 December 8th 04 10:44 AM