dumb questions but gotta ask

Old October 9th 07, 10:08 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom D.

Default dumb questions but gotta ask

I've been reading how more comfortable the newest Corvettes are for
long hauls. How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx or 4xx car
for a long trip (for the driver and passenger in their 60's)? Yeah
I'm aware of the nature of each car but I'm thinking the Corvette
supposedly is getting more comfortable with each newer generation so I
had to ask. Of course I'm a bit naive because I haven't test drove
either to compare for myself so that's why I'm asking.

Another dumb question is let's say the wife and I are retired (60's)
and we drive the Corvette cross country for vacations. I don't
usually speed but on occasion either intentional or unintentional, I
might go over the posted limit by 5 to 10 mph. Now am I asking for
trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or even a Honda?
Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket you? I know
from experience once owning a red car they were (not a Corvette).
Old October 9th 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

<Tom D.> wrote in message
> I've been reading how more comfortable the newest
> Corvettes are for
> long hauls. How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx
> or 4xx car
> for a long trip (for the driver and passenger in their
> 60's)? Yeah
> I'm aware of the nature of each car but I'm thinking the
> Corvette
> supposedly is getting more comfortable with each newer
> generation so I
> had to ask. Of course I'm a bit naive because I haven't
> test drove
> either to compare for myself so that's why I'm asking.

thats like compairing apples to oranges.
take those test drives and learn first-hand.
whats comfortable for one may or may not be comfortable for
you.

> Another dumb question is let's say the wife and I are
> retired (60's)
> and we drive the Corvette cross country for vacations. I
> don't
> usually speed but on occasion either intentional or
> unintentional, I
> might go over the posted limit by 5 to 10 mph. Now am I
> asking for
> trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or even a
> Honda?
> Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket
> you? I know
> from experience once owning a red car they were (not a
> Corvette).

speeding is speeding, whatever you are driving.
there are some out there that will ticket their own mother
and there are some that will write warnings all day..
they don't care what you are driving..

my2¢
--
'Key

Old October 9th 07, 11:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

<Tom D.> wrote in message
> I've been reading how more comfortable the newest Corvettes are for
> long hauls. How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx or 4xx car
> for a long trip (for the driver and passenger in their 60's)? Yeah
> I'm aware of the nature of each car but I'm thinking the Corvette
> supposedly is getting more comfortable with each newer generation so
> had to ask. Of course I'm a bit naive because I haven't test drove
> either to compare for myself so that's why I'm asking.
>
> Another dumb question is let's say the wife and I are retired (60's)
> and we drive the Corvette cross country for vacations. I don't
> usually speed but on occasion either intentional or unintentional, I
> might go over the posted limit by 5 to 10 mph. Now am I asking for
> trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or even a Honda?
> Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket you? I
> know
> from experience once owning a red car they were (not a Corvette).

Oh to be in my 60s again, but then I was when I drove a 2004 from Ohio
to Washington state and then to South Carolina. Never owned a rice car
so I can't compare them but did own my share of Buicks, Oldsmobiles,
and Cadillacs, (Eldorado and Seville). Don't any more, the Corvette is
the travel unit of choice year round. I've been in 17 states with this
one so far and have no problem getting into it and driving 12 hours
with bladder stops out numbering gas stops.

Don't listen to anyone that answers your post though, go drive one,
rent it if you have to but do it. I've driven and owned all 6
generations and I'm sure it will be the last car I drive, it's the
only way to go.

Color doesn't seem to be the reason I've been stopped, only once in a
red one but they sure loved the black and the silver.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old October 10th 07, 12:38 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

'How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx or 4xx car for a long trip
(for the driver and passenger in their 60's)? '

REPLY: The newer Corvettes have the typical stiff ride that a sports
car is known for ; however, it has gotton better if you get the
standard factory suspension. The most ive been able to drive my 2006
Corvette without needing to stop and stretch is approx. 6 hours at one
time. Thats not too bad for a Sports Car.

'Now am I asking for trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or
even a Honda? Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket
you? I know from experience once owning a red car they were (not a
Corvette). '

REPLY: If youre speeding and they get you on Radar, youll most likely
get a ticket regardless of the car youre driving ; nowadays, Police
Depts. see ticketing as revenue for thier village. So, the idea is, to
not give them revenue and obey the Road Laws.

Old October 10th 07, 10:07 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
My Name Is Nobody

<Tom D.> wrote in message ...
> I've been reading how more comfortable the newest Corvettes are for
> long hauls. How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx or 4xx car
> for a long trip (for the driver and passenger in their 60's)? Yeah
> I'm aware of the nature of each car but I'm thinking the Corvette
> supposedly is getting more comfortable with each newer generation so I
> had to ask. Of course I'm a bit naive because I haven't test drove
> either to compare for myself so that's why I'm asking.
>
> Another dumb question is let's say the wife and I are retired (60's)
> and we drive the Corvette cross country for vacations. I don't
> usually speed but on occasion either intentional or unintentional, I
> might go over the posted limit by 5 to 10 mph. Now am I asking for
> trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or even a Honda?
> Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket you? I know
> from experience once owning a red car they were (not a Corvette).

If you want to be able to speed right past the cops drive a "stock" not
"flashy" pickup truck. They (almost) NEVER pull over trucks for simply
speeding...

Old October 10th 07, 02:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:07:48 GMT, "My Name Is Nobody" >
wrote:

><Tom D.> wrote in message ...
>> I've been reading how more comfortable the newest Corvettes are for
>> long hauls. How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx or 4xx car
>> for a long trip (for the driver and passenger in their 60's)? Yeah
>> I'm aware of the nature of each car but I'm thinking the Corvette
>> supposedly is getting more comfortable with each newer generation so I
>> had to ask. Of course I'm a bit naive because I haven't test drove
>> either to compare for myself so that's why I'm asking.

Well both my wife and I are well into out 60's... and my TRAVEL
VEHICLE is my C5 ... and it has the Z51 stiff suspension ...! Still
on major highways it is extremely comfortable for hours ! My 95
also was good for long trips ... Now There is absolutely no way that I
will dirve my other Corvettes for more then 2 hours ...and again being
honest when we take one of the older cars on a trip we seem to stop at
every rest area even even if they are located only 50 miles apart...
Did the 1999 National Caravan in my 72 and both my wife and I were
hurting on many evenings...

>> Another dumb question is let's say the wife and I are retired (60's)
>> and we drive the Corvette cross country for vacations. I don't
>> usually speed but on occasion either intentional or unintentional, I
>> might go over the posted limit by 5 to 10 mph. Now am I asking for
>> trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or even a Honda?
>> Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket you? I know
>> from experience once owning a red car they were (not a Corvette).

Never had a problem getting speeding tickets on trips as I just go
with the flow of traffic all my speeding tickets were "obtained"
locally just having fun and using more of my right foot then I should
have...

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Verts
76 & 79 Coupes

Old October 10th 07, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"My Name Is Nobody" > wrote in message

> <Tom D.> wrote in message
>> I've been reading how more comfortable the newest
>> Corvettes are for
>> long hauls. How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx
>> or 4xx car
>> for a long trip (for the driver and passenger in their
>> 60's)? Yeah
>> I'm aware of the nature of each car but I'm thinking the
>> Corvette
>> supposedly is getting more comfortable with each newer
>> generation so I
>> had to ask. Of course I'm a bit naive because I haven't
>> test drove
>> either to compare for myself so that's why I'm asking.
>>
>> Another dumb question is let's say the wife and I are
>> retired (60's)
>> and we drive the Corvette cross country for vacations. I
>> don't
>> usually speed but on occasion either intentional or
>> unintentional, I
>> might go over the posted limit by 5 to 10 mph. Now am I
>> asking for
>> trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or even a
>> Honda?
>> Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket
>> you? I know
>> from experience once owning a red car they were (not a
>> Corvette).

> If you want to be able to speed right past the cops drive
> a "stock" not "flashy" pickup truck. They (almost) NEVER
> pull over trucks for simply speeding...

they sure do pull over trucks in my state..

my2¢
--
'Key
=====

Old October 10th 07, 08:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

If you want to be able to speed right past the cops drive a "stock" not
"flashy" pickup truck. They (almost) NEVER pull over trucks for simply
speeding...

"they sure do pull over trucks in my state..
my2¢
--
'Key"

REPLY: Mine too (Illinois) ; in fact, it seems like everyone other
one thats being stopped by the Police , is a truck or Van.

Old October 10th 07, 09:05 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom D.

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 16:08:00 -0500, Tom D. wrote:

>I've been reading how more comfortable the newest Corvettes are for
>long hauls. How does it compare to riding in a Lexus 3xx or 4xx car
>for a long trip (for the driver and passenger in their 60's)? Yeah
>I'm aware of the nature of each car but I'm thinking the Corvette
>supposedly is getting more comfortable with each newer generation so I
>had to ask. Of course I'm a bit naive because I haven't test drove
>either to compare for myself so that's why I'm asking.
>
>Another dumb question is let's say the wife and I are retired (60's)
>and we drive the Corvette cross country for vacations. I don't
>usually speed but on occasion either intentional or unintentional, I
>might go over the posted limit by 5 to 10 mph. Now am I asking for
>trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or even a Honda?
>Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket you? I know
>from experience once owning a red car they were (not a Corvette).

Thanks all for answering my dumb questions. Appreciate the non-flames
too. I guess it's obvious I have to test drive both to see which I
like to drive for road trips.
Old October 11th 07, 03:04 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

Now am I asking for
> trouble driving a Corvette compared to a Lexus or even a Honda?
> Inotherwords, do you find cops to be more eager to ticket you? I know
> from experience once owning a red car they were (not a Corvette).

Well, of course the Lexus is more comfortable than a Vette. I'd say it's
how much control you have over your wife on which one you get. I've got a
2004 C5 Z06 and I love to drive it. Can't keep my foot outta the gas. But
it ain't to comfortable on a long trip. Rough. Loud. and the floor gets
hot. And everyone from BMW 5's, to Mustang GT's to Dodge Magnums wants to
race me in the hills, and gets their ass kicked. I wouldn't trade it for
anything.

So do you want to have fun in fair comfort or to please SWMBO (she who must
be obeyed)?

Of course a hi-po wants to ticket a Vette. Buy a nice radar detector and
keep an eye in your mirrors.

Buy the Vette and sleep on the couch,

Ed

A couple of dumb Lexus questions [email protected][_2_] Technology 1 March 28th 07 07:07 PM
1984 CJ7 - Dumb Questions ambrin Jeep 4 November 17th 05 04:04 AM
gettin' anuther yj... gotta questions wallster Jeep 5 February 14th 05 07:50 PM
Dumb shock questions.. Carl Saiyed Jeep 3 February 12th 05 02:59 PM
1996 Cherokee new owner--a couple dumb questions screwem 4x4 0 July 11th 04 01:27 PM