C6 Glass Cleaning

Old October 1st 07, 02:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default C6 Glass Cleaning

I have had my 2008 coupe for about a month now. I have found that when
I wash, I cannot get the glass to be streak free. I hate to be anal
about it and I may be the only one to notice. But I would like to do a
better job. I'm using regular Windex and a cotton terry towel after I
dry the car with a chamois. Any suggestions.

I appreciate the help. TIA.

Ken

Old October 1st 07, 02:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

> wrote in message
ps.com...
>I have had my 2008 coupe for about a month now. I have found that when
> I wash, I cannot get the glass to be streak free. I hate to be anal
> about it and I may be the only one to notice. But I would like to do a
> better job. I'm using regular Windex and a cotton terry towel after I
> dry the car with a chamois. Any suggestions.
>
> I appreciate the help. TIA.

I use "Invisible Glass", the trigger kind, not the aerosol. I dry with an
old cotton t-shirt then wipe again with a cotton towel. BTW, I hope the C6
has less reflection from the top of the instrument cluster than what I have.
I find that one of the most annoying things about this car.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old October 1st 07, 02:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Oct 1, 8:53 am, "CardsFan" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> ps.com...
>
> >I have had my 2008 coupe for about a month now. I have found that when
> > I wash, I cannot get the glass to be streak free. I hate to be anal
> > about it and I may be the only one to notice. But I would like to do a
> > better job. I'm using regular Windex and a cotton terry towel after I
> > dry the car with a chamois. Any suggestions.

> > I appreciate the help. TIA.

> I use "Invisible Glass", the trigger kind, not the aerosol. I dry with an
> old cotton t-shirt then wipe again with a cotton towel. BTW, I hope the C6
> has less reflection from the top of the instrument cluster than what I have.
> I find that one of the most annoying things about this car.
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

No problem on the reflection. Looks like I can reach out and touch the
housings of the instruments. Glass prevents that.

What I have trouble with is seeing the display from the radio. I have
to move my head around to see what XM station (factory equipped radio)
I am on or what song is playing.

Thanks for the info.

Ken

Old October 1st 07, 03:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

CardsFan wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> I have had my 2008 coupe for about a month now. I have found that when
>> I wash, I cannot get the glass to be streak free. I hate to be anal
>> about it and I may be the only one to notice. But I would like to do a
>> better job. I'm using regular Windex and a cotton terry towel after I
>> dry the car with a chamois. Any suggestions.
>>
>> I appreciate the help. TIA.

> I use "Invisible Glass", the trigger kind, not the aerosol. I dry with an
> old cotton t-shirt then wipe again with a cotton towel. BTW, I hope the C6
> has less reflection from the top of the instrument cluster than what I have.
> I find that one of the most annoying things about this car.
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Hmmm, time for a Dawn 'foodfight.' %-)

--
pj
Old October 2nd 07, 01:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

I had good luck with SPRAYWAY aerosol window cleaner . It is in an old
fashioned looking can . Comes out sort of in a foam consistency and
doesnt streak or leave residue . Runs $4.00 and is a good sized can.

Old October 7th 07, 03:58 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

<db> wrote in message
> On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:20:55 -0500, "'Key" >
> wrote:
>
>><db> wrote in message
. ..

>>> I spray vinegar on my windows and no streaks in 5 years
>>> so
>>> far.

>>I use just plain news-paper for cleaning glass......
>>

>>my2¢

> You know I've heard of that 20 or 30 years ago but I tried
> it once a
> long time ago and I got some streaks but maybe I didn't
> wipe it
> enough. I don't know if this still works with color
> print in the
> newspapers now?? Anyway, might be worth a shot to the
> orig poster.
> (I'm biased tho to my vinegar <g> )

I know a good many car detail departments that still use
news paper.
guess the color print doesn't make any difference.
I do use Windex w/out ammonia with the news paper.
--
'Key
=====

Old October 7th 07, 06:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

'I do use Windex w/out ammonia with the news paper.
--
'Key'

REPLY: High risk of scratching the glass using newspaper ; Terry cloths
are safer .