Blue Devil

Old September 30th 07, 02:18 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
doug

Default Blue Devil

I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged
650bhp w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k
planned to come out in 2009. It's currently known as the Blue Devil
while it's a work in progress. Anyone know if this has any truth
all bs?
Old September 30th 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Supercharged 6.2 or 6.3 liter is what believed to be in current testing.
Why not google SS corvette or visit a few of the Corvette forums for the
latest spy photos. Also youtube has video footage.

Old September 30th 07, 06:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

'I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged 650bhp
w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k planned to
come out in 2009. * It's currently known as the Blue Devil while it's
a work in progress. * Anyone know if this has any truth all bs?'

REPLY: Im sure the Racers in this NG will testify that these figures
are achievable with that much power providing its planted firmly to the
ground ; Id guess an experienced Racer could do the quarter , around low
10's --- truly incredible to think its going to be a factory car along
with good street manners.

Old October 1st 07, 02:18 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Dave in Lake Villa wrote:
> 'I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged 650bhp
> w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k planned to
> come out in 2009. It's currently known as the Blue Devil while it's
> a work in progress. Anyone know if this has any truth all bs?'
>
> REPLY: Im sure the Racers in this NG will testify that these figures
> are achievable with that much power providing its planted firmly to the
> ground ; Id guess an experienced Racer could do the quarter , around low
> 10's --- truly incredible to think its going to be a factory car along
> with good street manners.

Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials and
under 11.25 on EMT's. While the BD/SS/ZR-1 will certainly rip up the
strip, I wonder what it will do on the Nurburgring!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1794944
Old October 1st 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Sep 29, 8:18 pm, doug wrote:
> I was reading an article about the Z07 with 7 liter supercharged
> 650bhp w/ 3 second 0-60mph and 200 + mph top end for around $100k
> planned to come out in 2009. It's currently known as the Blue Devil
> while it's a work in progress. Anyone know if this has any truth
> all bs?

My totally stock C6 (not a Z07) scares the beJesus out of me. I can't
imagine trying to herd a fire breathing dragon like this Blue Devil
around.

Ken

Old October 1st 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

'Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials and
under 11.25 on EMT's.'

REPLY: All the test results ive read on the C6/ZO6 has it coming in at
11.7 on EMT's. If it will do 10's on drag radials, that tells us there
is tire spin going on with the EMT's. I wonder what type and size
tires the BLue Devil will be outfitted with from the factory ??

Old October 1st 07, 10:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dave in Lake Villa

'My totally stock C6 (not a Z07) scares the beJesus out of me. '

REPLY: I experience the same with my 2006 C6 ; I seldom nail it from a
start, but yesterday i was in a jam trying to turn left across 4 lanes
of traffic from a stop and couldnt see for a parked truck . Had to make
her go in a hurry to avoid a collision ; got a reminder of just how
quick it is off the line . My 78 year old mom who was the passenger was
reaching desperately to grab something (anything) !

Old October 2nd 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in message
>>'Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials
>>and
>>under 11.25 on EMT's.'

???I wonder what type and size
???tires the BLue Devil will be outfitted with from the factory ??

335/25Z/20

Old October 2nd 07, 05:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Dad wrote:

> "lab~rat >:-)" > wrote in message
>>> 'Given the C6 Z06 has turned in 10's showroom stock on drag radials and
>>> under 11.25 on EMT's.'
>>>

> ???I wonder what type and size
> ???tires the BLue Devil will be outfitted with from the factory ??
>
> 335/25Z/20
>

>> I think I remember one of those tests where they launched in second
>> gear at 6000 rpm. It was something teeth-shattering if I remember...
>>
>> --
>> lab~rat >:-)
>> Stupid humans...

Part of the joy is being traction-limited.

--
pj

Repost - 2004 pictures: 1940 Willys-Overland Jeep MA 'Go Devil' Engine svr Showing Piston Cut-Away Garage (WPC Museum) F.jpg 287955 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 21st 07 04:23 PM
Repost - 2001 pictures: 1940 Willys-Overland Jeep MA 'Go Devil' Engine Garage (WPC Museum) F.jpg 324762 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 March 18th 07 11:30 AM
[Audio-Video Corner] Large Multimedia Files:: 1956_495 - Gene Vincent and His Blue Caps - Race With The Devil (128 JS 2.05).mp3 (4/4) Square Wheels[_2_] Auto Photos 0 January 30th 07 07:35 AM
Blue Devil Additive? JoeBeem BMW 0 January 16th 07 03:51 AM
The devil made her do it The Real Bev Driving 0 May 19th 05 10:20 PM