Daytime Running Lights in 2006 MX-5

Old May 7th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Daytime Running Lights in 2006 MX-5

I haven't bought my shop manual and wiring diagrams yet (and at the
price my dealer quoted I may not but that is a different problem). Was
wondering if anyone knows how to enable DTR in the new MX-5. I suspect
that Mazda didn't go to the trouble to differentiate the Canadian
vehicles for this feature so it may be enabled by a simple jumper plug,
relay, or fuse somewhere. Am I on the right track with this idea? I
actually like the idea of DTR and would like to use it although I know
that many dislike the "big brother" aspect of it. TIA.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old May 8th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

John McGaw wrote:
> I haven't bought my shop manual and wiring diagrams yet (and at the
> price my dealer quoted I may not but that is a different problem). Was
> wondering if anyone knows how to enable DTR in the new MX-5. I suspect
> that Mazda didn't go to the trouble to differentiate the Canadian
> vehicles for this feature so it may be enabled by a simple jumper plug,
> relay, or fuse somewhere. Am I on the right track with this idea? I
> actually like the idea of DTR and would like to use it although I know
> that many dislike the "big brother" aspect of it. TIA.

Twist the light lever to the first indent to turn on your parking
lights. Or turn your headlights on all the time when you drive. But it
won't make much difference - some people still fail to see my galaxy
gray NC during the day with the lights on and the horn blaring. I know
this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but it involves the least
amount of effort....
Old May 8th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Fabiano" > wrote in message
> John McGaw wrote:
>> I haven't bought my shop manual and wiring diagrams yet (and at the price
>> my dealer quoted I may not but that is a different problem). Was
>> wondering if anyone knows how to enable DTR in the new MX-5. I suspect
>> that Mazda didn't go to the trouble to differentiate the Canadian
>> vehicles for this feature so it may be enabled by a simple jumper plug,
>> relay, or fuse somewhere. Am I on the right track with this idea? I
>> actually like the idea of DTR and would like to use it although I know
>> that many dislike the "big brother" aspect of it. TIA.
>>

> Twist the light lever to the first indent to turn on your parking lights.
> Or turn your headlights on all the time when you drive. But it won't make
> much difference - some people still fail to see my galaxy gray NC during
> the day with the lights on and the horn blaring. I know this isn't the
> answer you wanted to hear, but it involves the least amount of effort....

Try removing most of the exhaust system. Has been working for Harley riders
for years now!

Old May 8th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On 2006-05-08, Mal Osborne > wrote:

> "Fabiano" > wrote in message
>> John McGaw wrote:
>>> I haven't bought my shop manual and wiring diagrams yet (and at the price
>>> my dealer quoted I may not but that is a different problem). Was
>>> wondering if anyone knows how to enable DTR in the new MX-5. I suspect
>>> that Mazda didn't go to the trouble to differentiate the Canadian
>>> vehicles for this feature so it may be enabled by a simple jumper plug,
>>> relay, or fuse somewhere. Am I on the right track with this idea? I
>>> actually like the idea of DTR and would like to use it although I know
>>> that many dislike the "big brother" aspect of it. TIA.
>>>

>> Twist the light lever to the first indent to turn on your parking lights.
>> Or turn your headlights on all the time when you drive. But it won't make
>> much difference - some people still fail to see my galaxy gray NC during
>> the day with the lights on and the horn blaring. I know this isn't the
>> answer you wanted to hear, but it involves the least amount of effort....

> Try removing most of the exhaust system. Has been working for Harley riders
> for years now!

If you define "working" as ****ing off almost everybody else on
the road, yea, it's working. Personally, I don't think ****ing
of the drivers of vehicles weighing 5-10X as much as my
motorcycle is all that bright an idea.

--
Grant Edwards
Old May 8th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
Grant Edwards > wrote:

> > Try removing most of the exhaust system. Has been working for Harley riders
> > for years now!

> If you define "working" as ****ing off almost everybody else on
> the road, yea, it's working. Personally, I don't think ****ing
> of the drivers of vehicles weighing 5-10X as much as my
> motorcycle is all that bright an idea.

It wouldn't work anyway, because the public is not afraid of Miata
drivers. No one wants to mess with a Harley rider (even though he's
probably a dentist or accountant in real life). They still remember
Altamont.

What would a Miata gang do? Pelt you with brie?

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old May 8th 06, 09:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> What would a Miata gang do? Pelt you with brie?

Hahaha... or give you a really unflattering haircut.

--
Dave MacLeod
http://www.bandfamilytree.com/ for music and musicians
Old May 9th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> Grant Edwards > wrote:
>

>>>Try removing most of the exhaust system. Has been working for Harley riders
>>>for years now!

>>If you define "working" as ****ing off almost everybody else on
>>the road, yea, it's working. Personally, I don't think ****ing
>>of the drivers of vehicles weighing 5-10X as much as my
>>motorcycle is all that bright an idea.

> It wouldn't work anyway, because the public is not afraid of Miata
> drivers. No one wants to mess with a Harley rider (even though he's
> probably a dentist or accountant in real life). They still remember
> Altamont.
>
> What would a Miata gang do? Pelt you with brie?

Maybe throw empty wine bottles? Bet that would hurt!

2004 A4 Running Lights Len Sadauskas Audi 11 January 14th 05 11:58 PM
The Running lights issue JJ Audi 1 October 23rd 04 04:02 AM
BMW service lights in the UK spammy BMW 3 September 18th 04 06:55 PM
Adding Daytime Running Lights: 1998 A6 Quattro Jay Somerset Audi 4 September 13th 04 12:43 PM
Adding Daytime Running Kights: 1998 A6 Quattro Jay Somerset Audi 5 September 12th 04 10:18 PM