Britain will be first country to monitor every car journey

Old December 24th 05, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Britain will be first country to monitor every car journey

DTJ > wrote in
:

> Well, yeah. One drink results in a BAC of .1, which is why everyone
> with any brains wants to repeal our drunk driving laws.

Where did you get this "fact"?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old December 25th 05, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

:

>> Well, yeah. One drink results in a BAC of .1, which is why everyone
>> with any brains wants to repeal our drunk driving laws.

>Where did you get this "fact"?

Tests administered by doctors and police. Where I live, the police
used to be split into groups of two, with one drinking while the other
tested. Numerous cops who have gone through this have talked about
how they were legally drunk long before they had enough to even impact
their ability to shoot a gun, much less drive. Doctors I know have
tested themselves and others to see how much it takes to get drunk,
and frequently a single glass of wine will do it for a male weighing
180 pounds.

On the other hand, you can choose to believe what madd tells you.
Old December 26th 05, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

DTJ > wrote in
:

> On 24 Dec 2005 23:14:56 GMT, Jim Yanik > wrote:
>
>>DTJ > wrote in
m:

>>> Well, yeah. One drink results in a BAC of .1, which is why everyone
>>> with any brains wants to repeal our drunk driving laws.

>>Where did you get this "fact"?

> Tests administered by doctors and police. Where I live, the police
> used to be split into groups of two, with one drinking while the other
> tested. Numerous cops who have gone through this have talked about
> how they were legally drunk long before they had enough to even impact
> their ability to shoot a gun, much less drive. Doctors I know have
> tested themselves and others to see how much it takes to get drunk,
> and frequently a single glass of wine will do it for a male weighing
> 180 pounds.
>
> On the other hand, you can choose to believe what madd tells you.

Maybe for a 98 lb person,one drink would result in a BAC of 0.10,but not
for the average person.And it would depend on whether the person had
anything to eat beforehand,or was drinking on an empty stomach.

Most articles I've read on this say the "average person" can consume 2-3
drinks without exceeding .08 BAC. Not shots,but drinks,over an average
period of time,not guzzling them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old December 31st 05, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >,
DTJ > wrote:
>On 24 Dec 2005 23:14:56 GMT, Jim Yanik > wrote:
>
>>DTJ > wrote in
m:

>>> Well, yeah. One drink results in a BAC of .1, which is why everyone
>>> with any brains wants to repeal our drunk driving laws.

>>Where did you get this "fact"?

>Tests administered by doctors and police. Where I live, the police
>used to be split into groups of two, with one drinking while the other
>tested. Numerous cops who have gone through this have talked about
>how they were legally drunk long before they had enough to even impact
>their ability to shoot a gun, much less drive. Doctors I know have
>tested themselves and others to see how much it takes to get drunk,
>and frequently a single glass of wine will do it for a male weighing
>180 pounds.

Keeping in mind that

1) The "standard drink" is 4 oz of 12% wine. That's a damn short
pour; a real glass of wine might be over 6 oz of 14% wine.

2) The assumption of the breathalyzer is that the alcohol is evenly
distributed throughout the system. Not, for instance, concentrated in
the mucuous membranes of the mouth and throat, as they will be in real
life.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old December 31st 05, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >,
Jim Yanik > wrote:

>Maybe for a 98 lb person,one drink would result in a BAC of 0.10,but not
>for the average person.And it would depend on whether the person had
>anything to eat beforehand,or was drinking on an empty stomach.
>
>Most articles I've read on this say the "average person" can consume 2-3
>drinks without exceeding .08 BAC. Not shots,but drinks,over an average
>period of time,not guzzling them.

Don't believe it. That's a great way to be taken off to jail while
the cops laugh at you for saying (like everyone else does) "But I only
had two drinks".
result in a fully-depreciated one.