Things That Make Ya Go "Hmm..."

Old November 11th 05, 03:20 PM
Scott en Aztlán

Default Things That Make Ya Go "Hmm..."

The very same week that oil company executives are getting grilled by
Congress, gas prices at the pump have fallen precipitously from their
peak last summer.

Coincidence?

Old November 11th 05, 03:47 PM
AllEmailDeletedImmediately

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> The very same week that oil company executives are getting grilled

by
> Congress, gas prices at the pump have fallen precipitously from

their
> peak last summer.
>
> Coincidence?

maybe. or maybe the rigs are back online.

Old November 11th 05, 06:41 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

AllEmailDeletedImmediately wrote:
> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> > The very same week that oil company executives are getting grilled

> by
> > Congress, gas prices at the pump have fallen precipitously from

> their
> > peak last summer.
> >
> > Coincidence?

> maybe. or maybe the rigs are back online.

They were never offline. Oil rigs are 99% air. They can take anything
but a direct nuclear hit. It was all just another bush-lie.

Old November 11th 05, 06:45 PM
Larry Bud

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> AllEmailDeletedImmediately wrote:
> > "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> > > The very same week that oil company executives are getting grilled

> > by
> > > Congress, gas prices at the pump have fallen precipitously from

> > their
> > > peak last summer.
> > >
> > > Coincidence?

> > maybe. or maybe the rigs are back online.

> They were never offline. Oil rigs are 99% air. They can take anything
> but a direct nuclear hit. It was all just another bush-lie.

We already showed you a couple pics of oil rigs that were broken from
their mounts and washed nearly on short during Katrina, moron.

Old November 11th 05, 06:47 PM
Larry Bud

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> The very same week that oil company executives are getting grilled by
> Congress, gas prices at the pump have fallen precipitously from their
> peak last summer.
>
> Coincidence?

Since gas prices are based on the futures market, it's certainly
plausible that people who trade in such things see Congressional
hearings and it quells the price.

But in my area, they've been dropping for a month.

Old November 11th 05, 06:48 PM
Larry Bud

Larry Bud wrote:
> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> > AllEmailDeletedImmediately wrote:
> > > by
> > > their

> > > maybe. or maybe the rigs are back online.

> > They were never offline. Oil rigs are 99% air. They can take anything
> > but a direct nuclear hit. It was all just another bush-lie.

> We already showed you a couple pics of oil rigs that were broken from
> their mounts and washed nearly on short during Katrina, moron.

...typo: "on shore".

Old November 11th 05, 06:52 PM
Paul.

On 11 Nov 2005 09:45:41 -0800, Larry Bud > said
the following in rec.autos.driving...

> We already showed you a couple pics of oil rigs that were broken from
> their mounts and washed nearly on short during Katrina, moron.

You mean like this one that floated up Mobile Bay and came to rest
against a cable stayed bridge?

http://tinyurl.com/8cyxk

Judy would never let a detail like fact stand in the way of its spewing
bull**** all over r.a.d.

--
A Comparative analysis of a couple of famous Teds.

Subject Ted Bundy Ted Kennedy
Generally used
first name : Ted Ted
Last name
similarity : -dy -dy
Home State : VT MA
Addictions : porn Alcohol
Known Victims : Kimberly Leach Mary Jo Kopechne
Ultimate
Resolution : 2000 Volts Repeatedly Elected
to U.S. Senate

Old November 12th 05, 04:43 AM
Harry K

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> The very same week that oil company executives are getting grilled by
> Congress, gas prices at the pump have fallen precipitously from their
> peak last summer.
>
> Coincidence?

Kinda straining there aren't you? Gas prices out here have come down
about 50 cents. This week? No. Gradually over the past 3 weeks before
the hearings started.

Harry K

Old November 12th 05, 07:17 AM
Robert Morien

In article >,

people that make you go "Hmm..."
Old November 12th 05, 08:46 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On 11 Nov 2005 19:43:30 -0800, "Harry K" >
wrote:

>> The very same week that oil company executives are getting grilled by
>> Congress, gas prices at the pump have fallen precipitously from their
>> peak last summer.
>>
>> Coincidence?

>Kinda straining there aren't you? Gas prices out here have come down
>about 50 cents. This week? No. Gradually over the past 3 weeks before
>the hearings started.

If you're an oil company executive facing the possibility of a
windfall profits tax, what better way to prepare for your appearance
before Congress?