In a rare decision, top court tosses out DWI conviction

Old November 11th 05, 12:13 PM
BE

Default In a rare decision, top court tosses out DWI conviction

Motorist refused to take a breath test after avoiding a roadblock in 2003

http://hort.net/+132H

The case stems from a July 2003 traffic stop in Atlantic County in which a
Ventnor police officer pulled over motorist James Badessa because he made a
legal turn to avoid a driving-while-intoxicated checkpoint. The officer
arrested Badessa for allegedly driving drunk and charged him with refusing
to take a Breathalyzer test.

I'm glad.

Old November 11th 05, 03:50 PM
JohnH

BE wrote:
> Motorist refused to take a breath test after avoiding a roadblock in
> 2003
> http://hort.net/+132H
>
> The case stems from a July 2003 traffic stop in Atlantic County in
> which a Ventnor police officer pulled over motorist James Badessa
> because he made a legal turn to avoid a driving-while-intoxicated
> checkpoint. The officer arrested Badessa for allegedly driving drunk
> and charged him with refusing to take a Breathalyzer test.
>
> I'm glad.

Then you'll also find interesting
http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1128768071253

Old November 11th 05, 06:31 PM
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:13:59 -0500, "BE" > wrote:

>Motorist refused to take a breath test after avoiding a roadblock in 2003
>
> http://hort.net/+132H
>
>The case stems from a July 2003 traffic stop in Atlantic County in which a
>Ventnor police officer pulled over motorist James Badessa because he made a
>legal turn to avoid a driving-while-intoxicated checkpoint. The officer
>arrested Badessa for allegedly driving drunk and charged him with refusing
>to take a Breathalyzer test.
>
>I'm glad.

DUIs are killers and maimers and only a criminal coddler wants them to
avoid punishment.
Old November 11th 05, 06:42 PM
Paul.

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:31:56 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> said the following in rec.autos.driving...

> DUIs are killers and maimers and only a criminal coddler wants them to
> avoid punishment.

You mean like fatass kennedy did, crimonal coddler?

--
A Comparative analysis of a couple of famous Teds.

Subject Ted Bundy Ted Kennedy
Generally used
first name : Ted Ted
Last name
similarity : -dy -dy
Home State : VT MA
Addictions : porn Alcohol
Known Victims : Kimberly Leach Mary Jo Kopechne
Ultimate
Resolution : 2000 Volts Repeatedly Elected
to U.S. Senate

Old November 11th 05, 07:08 PM
US 71

"Paul." > wrote in message
th.net...
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:31:56 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> > said the following in rec.autos.driving...
>

>> DUIs are killers and maimers and only a criminal coddler wants them to
>> avoid punishment.

> You mean like fatass kennedy did, crimonal coddler?

Let's not forget Alice ("do you know who I am") Walton. Convicted of DWI
twice so they named an airport terminal building after her.

Old November 11th 05, 08:17 PM
Brent P

In article >, BE wrote:
> Motorist refused to take a breath test after avoiding a roadblock in 2003
>
> http://hort.net/+132H
>
> The case stems from a July 2003 traffic stop in Atlantic County in which a
> Ventnor police officer pulled over motorist James Badessa because he made a
> legal turn to avoid a driving-while-intoxicated checkpoint. The officer
> arrested Badessa for allegedly driving drunk and charged him with refusing
> to take a Breathalyzer test.
>
> I'm glad.

Notice the stance of the neoprohibitionists.

All this guy did was not go through the checkpoint.

A small victory for liberty.

Old November 12th 05, 03:23 AM
Rappin' Ronnie Raygun

TV's US 71 wrote:
> "Paul." > wrote in message
> th.net...
>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:31:56 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
>> > said the following in rec.autos.driving...
>>

>>> DUIs are killers and maimers and only a criminal coddler wants them to
>>> avoid punishment.

>> You mean like fatass kennedy did, crimonal coddler?
>>

> Let's not forget Alice ("do you know who I am") Walton. Convicted of DWI
> twice so they named an airport terminal building after her.

Or George ("Dumbya") Bush. Convicted of DWI several times so they erased
the convictions from record.

Old November 12th 05, 04:14 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Paul. wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:31:56 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> > said the following in rec.autos.driving...
>

> > DUIs are killers and maimers and only a criminal coddler wants them to
> > avoid punishment.

> You mean like fatass kennedy did, crimonal coddler?

You have no evidence TK was drunk that day.

Old November 12th 05, 04:34 AM
Michael Moroney

"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > writes:

>Paul. wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:31:56 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
>> > said the following in rec.autos.driving...
>>

>> > DUIs are killers and maimers and only a criminal coddler wants them to
>> > avoid punishment.

>> You mean like fatass kennedy did, crimonal coddler?

>You have no evidence TK was drunk that day.

Has Kennedy _ever_ been sober?
Old November 12th 05, 10:42 PM
Paul.

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:34:46 +0000 (UTC), Michael Moroney
> said the following in
rec.autos.driving...

> Has Kennedy _ever_ been sober?

About the same time that "Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend," had any
intelligence.

IOW, never.

--
A Comparative analysis of a couple of famous Teds.

Subject Ted Bundy Ted Kennedy
Generally used
first name : Ted Ted
Last name
similarity : -dy -dy
Home State : VT MA
Addictions : porn Alcohol
pussy(preferrably dead) pussy(preferrably dead)
Last known state
of residence : FL MA/DC
Known Victims : Kimberly Leach Mary Jo Kopechne
Ultimate
Resolution : 2000 Volts @ Repeatedly Elected
14 Amps to U.S. Senate