WOW...

Old August 11th 05, 03:42 PM
Mr. Sylvestre

John Simmons wrote:
> (...)
> Everything *not* released by Papy has been simply mediocre and really
> not worthy of your time unless you absolutely love the genre being
> represented by a given "sim" to forgive the game's flaws (obvious or
> otherwise).
> (...)
> - GTR is plagued with bugs and online racing problems (from
> what I hear)

While there is no arguing that Papy sims have redefined the benchmark in
racesims, I think you really should try GTR with the Escort 1974 Mod, John.

Regards,
Mr. Sylvestre
Old August 11th 05, 07:10 PM
ymenard

>"Nick" > wrote
> Call yourselves sim fans?!?

You surely ain't a usenet fan.

I yawn in your general direction.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old August 11th 05, 07:48 PM
JTS

I think this is the major problem. NASCAR the 'sport' to me is
extremely boring. Driving round in circles takes a bit of a struggle
for me to even understand why people would want to do it, let alone
watch it.

If you ever want to relax, it's great. About 10-15 laps of watching and I
am sound asleep on my couch. Very relaxing.

Old August 11th 05, 08:15 PM
Nick

>> Call yourselves sim fans?!?

> You surely ain't a usenet fan.

> I yawn in your general direction.

Just trying to drum up some interest in something around here...

Old August 11th 05, 08:21 PM
Plowboy

YAH yah yah, and with that mentality you hate football, tennis etc etc,
because the ball gets to one end of fields (or court), then the other, over
and over again... LOL.

My dad sounds like ya BTW "they go around and around, after about 4 or 5
laps you know exaclty where they are going, big deal..." with a smart ass
grin... but I called his butt out, he was watching basketball, I was
watching him 'intently' watching so and soo miss yet another free throw. I
was like "wow, he dribbles the ball, throws it at the hoop, then this guy
goes to the other end, shoots at the hoop, repeat over and over and over..
after about 4 times up and downt the court you figure out exactly where them
guys are headed.... whew how exciting..." the point of the whole thing, he
had to admit I was just as right as he is... I mean how difficult is it to
throw a basketball at a hoop, they do it everywhere too, by now you'd think
it was just another thing you do, unlike maybe circus acts that are rare
nowday...

But, I admit, that mentality only applies to **** you arent interested in
the 'nuances of'. last case in point, ballet or figure skating. you'd
think sheesh boring, so what right? But if you had any idea of how 'not
easy' it was just to spin or jump with skates on and on ice and such, maybe
you'd appreciate the skills in use? Maybe Im the only one who thinks about
stuff 'fair' for what it is?

JTS enlightened us with:

Old August 11th 05, 11:31 PM
ymenard

>"Nick" > wrote
>> You surely ain't a usenet fan.
>> I yawn in your general direction.

> Just trying to drum up some interest in something around here...

So hmm you're just trolling?

Nothing of interest here... move along, move along.

Old August 12th 05, 07:47 AM

You can tell this group is suffering when google groups lists me as the
top poster this month (by number of posts, not posting style ;-)

cheers, uwe (posting from gmail for a change)

Old August 12th 05, 07:36 PM
jason moyer

Mr. Sylvestre wrote:

> While there is no arguing that Papy sims have redefined the benchmark in
> racesims, I think you really should try GTR with the Escort 1974 Mod, John.

I don't mean this as insulting, but I genuinely don't understand how
racing Escorts can make anyone's nipples hard.

Old August 12th 05, 10:12 PM
Hans de Heer

jason moyer wrote:
> Mr. Sylvestre wrote:
>
>> While there is no arguing that Papy sims have redefined the
>> benchmark in racesims, I think you really should try GTR with the
>> Escort 1974 Mod, John.

> I don't mean this as insulting, but I genuinely don't understand how
> racing Escorts can make anyone's nipples hard.

Because they don't do 300+ km/h? Just try the mod and you will know.

Cheers, Hans