FFB (new development)

Old November 11th 11, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default FFB (new development)

(GaryR) wrote:

> All I can say is OH......... MY........... GOD

I think it's important to remember that many of the major breakthroughs in life
come from people who most would consider to be obsessive maniacs. :-)

And, at the very least, he's keeping the group alive. I don't see any of us
discussing the merits of iRacing's new-new tyre models, the fact they've finally
talked about introducing (eventually!) a Lotus 49, or about CARS, or the building
anxiety as rFactor approaches some kind of (slightly worrying) beta release.

At least Mario's posts make me feel guilty about not posting here more often, so
he's serving a valuable purpose. :-)

Andrew McP

Old November 14th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

GaryR:
>Mario Petrinovic:
>>Mario Petrinovic:
>>> Ok, it looks like damper likes to be the same as Spring and
>>> Centering Spring. Just the way I like it, : ). The only problem is, now
>>> have bunch of good settings (there are better ones than the 139
>>> setting), and I have to choose one.

>> Oh, I forgot to say that this, of course, means that Spring and
>>Centering Spring aren't locked to 75%, : ).

> All I can say is OH......... MY........... GOD

Ok, I'll leave Damper and Spring at 100%, and Centering Spring is
more like 139% than 119%, I believe.

Mario

Old November 14th 11, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

On 11/11/2011 02:00, Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> I think it's important to remember that many of the major breakthroughs in life
> come from people who most would consider to be obsessive maniacs. :-)

Are you going to tell him or shall I that iRacing introduced a new
app.ini variable SteeringFFBSmooth. This mixes the current FFB settings
with the average to apply some filtering. So if like me you like some
steering weight but don't want your desk shaken over the bumps at Lime
Rock or hitting the ABS in an MX5 then this option can smooth things out.

This will give Mario another 6 decimal places to play with - think of
the combinations of filter+spring+damper+centre spring!
Old November 15th 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Tony R:
>Andrew MacPherson:
>> I think it's important to remember that many of the major breakthroughs
>> in life
>> come from people who most would consider to be obsessive maniacs. :-)

> Are you going to tell him or shall I that iRacing introduced a new app.ini
> variable SteeringFFBSmooth. This mixes the current FFB settings with the
> average to apply some filtering. So if like me you like some steering
> weight but don't want your desk shaken over the bumps at Lime Rock or
> hitting the ABS in an MX5 then this option can smooth things out.
>
> This will give Mario another 6 decimal places to play with - think of the
> combinations of filter+spring+damper+centre spring!

I know about that, but I didn't try it yet. Supposedly this is for
Fanatec wheels, which didn't surprise me (although I didn't try those
wheels).

Mario

Old November 17th 11, 12:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
> GaryR:
>>Mario Petrinovic:
>>>Mario Petrinovic:
>>>
>>> Oh, I forgot to say that this, of course, means that Spring and
>>>Centering Spring aren't locked to 75%, : ).

>> All I can say is OH......... MY........... GOD

> Ok, I'll leave Damper and Spring at 100%, and Centering Spring is
> more like 139% than 119%, I believe.

Ok, interesting development.
Regarding Centering Spring (CS), I figured out that all CS settings
that worked well are related. These are those settings: 139, 119, 22.
139 is 39 above 100
119 is 19 (39/2) above 100
22 is 78 (39*2) below 100
So I figured out that 61 would also work well, as it does. But, if I
put CS, Spring (S) and Damper (D) at 61, car drives and centers well, only D
is clearly too low, it doesn't tame forces enough. OTOH, if I put D to 100 I
have problems with controlling car. So, it looks like to set D correctly is
critical, since wrongly set D can disturb forces and ruin your testing.
Thankfully I understand D rightly, now. From previuos testings it looks like
D should be 80-85 (it could be related to the Overall strength, which is
118, I don't know, I am not sure).
So, everything goes well, I am on the right track, it shouldn't be
hard to set D correctly, and CS also correctly, and I believe S should be
the same of close to CS. So, hopefully within a week I'll get my settings
rightly, only I have to test all those possibilities, and that's it, : ).

Mario

FFB (so far) Mario Petrinovic Simulators 0 September 25th 11 10:57 AM
FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 26 September 5th 11 08:52 AM
G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB [email protected] Simulators 1 August 17th 07 02:35 PM
rFactor development Tony Rickard Simulators 8 August 18th 06 07:06 AM
Burnout 5 and Road Rash likely in development AirRaid[_1_] Simulators 2 August 9th 06 02:45 AM