Nurburgring screenshots from GT5

Old May 18th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rms[_4_]

Default Nurburgring screenshots from GT5

Very pretty!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/18/g...lete-with-ten/

rms

Old May 19th 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"rms" > wrote in
:

> Very pretty!
>
> http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/18/g...s-new-nurburgr
> ing-shots-complete-with-ten/

Yes, but will get get a whole new group of people who "learned the 'ring
on the X-box" and then do the real thing and realized they're in
trouble...

There was such a person on the Top Gear episode where Clarkson broke 10
minutes in a diesel (and is promptly completely trounced by Sabine
Schmidt).

Old May 19th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jelloshooter69

On May 19, 3:13*am, (Andrew MacPherson)
wrote:
> (rms) wrote:
> > Very pretty!

> The best thing about iRacing is that it's made me a little less anal retentive
> about spending on something I enjoy. I shall try hard to pay attention to the
> opinions given by simmers once this is out, but I could easily be persuaded to buy
> a PS3 just to run it. I don't really want a console (I have enough electro-junk!)
> but it'd still be a lot cheaper than iRacing. Less than half as expensive actually!
> :-)
>
> Nowhere near as satisfying as iRacing though, I'm sure. But given that I love the
> Ring in NFS Shift, I might just be softcore enough to get my money's worth out of
> GT5.
>
> The fly in the ointment is that neither my relatively ancient TV nor my PC monitors
> will work with a PS3, so I'm hoping GT5 is awful. :-)
>
> Andrew McP

iracing is no more than smoke and mirror minus track scans.
Old May 19th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

Actually that was probably my favorite episode! and if I may, I recall that
he drove a Mercedes something or other, (CAR) around the track and barely
beat the 10 minute mark, where and when he was trying to brag to Sabine of
his accomplishment... Sabine more or less said "****, I could go faster in
a van" in which she almost did, in a godam parcel van (ford Aerostar sized
panel van, that was a manual trans-diesel powered turd, with the high roof
to boot).

there is a YouTube vid if you search for Sabine related to TopGear, you got
to watch it, she's passing Crotch rockets, porches and the like, and yelling
get out of the way! as she drives this damn van faster than most can a
car!!! it is a hoot!

Old May 19th 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"PlowBoy" > wrote in
:

> "APLer" > wrote in message
>> "rms" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> Very pretty!
>>>
>>> http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/18/g...ses-new-nurbur
>>> gr ing-shots-complete-with-ten/
>>>

>> Yes, but will get get a whole new group of people who "learned the
>> 'ring on the X-box" and then do the real thing and realized they're
>> in trouble...
>>
>> There was such a person on the Top Gear episode where Clarkson broke
>> 10 minutes in a diesel (and is promptly completely trounced by Sabine
>> Schmidt).

> Actually that was probably my favorite episode! and if I may, I
> recall that he drove a Mercedes something or other, (CAR) around the
> track and barely beat the 10 minute mark, where and when he was trying
> to brag to Sabine of his accomplishment... Sabine more or less said
> "****, I could go faster in a van" in which she almost did, in a godam
> parcel van (ford Aerostar sized panel van, that was a manual
> trans-diesel powered turd, with the high roof to boot).
>
> there is a YouTube vid if you search for Sabine related to TopGear,
> you got to watch it, she's passing Crotch rockets, porches and the
> like, and yelling get out of the way! as she drives this damn van
> faster than most can a car!!! it is a hoot!

Does it have the full lap in it or is it edited? You *do* know what she
does for a living right?

Old May 20th 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

well I did as of that episode :P Ill find the link if I can, it was funny
stuff, and contained both laps! she failed both times to beat 10, second
time they emptied extra crap and Richard out of the van, taped the hood and
grill, then used a viper or vette as a "drafting vehicle" to try to cut wind
resistance.

Old May 20th 10, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Ok the whole 2 laps are truncated (seems like the segment is intact as shown
on TOP GEAR, but it takes just over 6 minutes to watch 2 10 minute laps)...

Oh and I couldn't revisit (refresh memory) while at work, but it wasn't the
high top version, I thought it was...
she? can do under 10 minutes without traffic, I'd bet/think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pkl...eature=related

Old May 20th 10, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Plowboy" > wrote in
:

> Ok the whole 2 laps are truncated (seems like the segment is intact as
> shown on TOP GEAR, but it takes just over 6 minutes to watch 2 10
> minute laps)...
>
> Oh and I couldn't revisit (refresh memory) while at work, but it
> wasn't the high top version, I thought it was...
> she? can do under 10 minutes without traffic, I'd bet/think.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pkl...eature=related

It's always the top-posters. Please don't. What question did I ask last
reply?

Old May 20th 10, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

fuk u
"APLer" > wrote in message
> "Plowboy" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Ok the whole 2 laps are truncated (seems like the segment is intact as
>> shown on TOP GEAR, but it takes just over 6 minutes to watch 2 10
>> minute laps)...
>>
>> Oh and I couldn't revisit (refresh memory) while at work, but it
>> wasn't the high top version, I thought it was...
>> she? can do under 10 minutes without traffic, I'd bet/think.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pkl...eature=related
>>

> It's always the top-posters. Please don't. What question did I ask last
> reply?

Audi Supercar Burns up on Nurburgring rms Simulators 0 April 9th 07 07:08 PM
Huttu, 8:16, Nurburgring, GTL movie 115Mb Andrew MacPherson Simulators 12 February 7th 06 07:26 AM
BMW Nurburgring video bfd BMW 3 July 8th 05 10:32 AM
Nurburgring 1970 out Goy Larsen Simulators 0 February 10th 05 10:14 PM