Should this trooper be fired?

Old March 24th 05, 12:45 AM
BTD

L Sternn > wrote:

>**** you again, you piece of ****

****ty ****ing attitude = ****ty ****ing person. You're fired.

Old March 24th 05, 01:16 AM
DTJ

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:25:35 -0500, Car > wrote:

>From the Hartford Courant
>
>Trooper Suspended 15 Days
>
>Response To 911 Call Called Inappropriate
>
>A state trooper was suspended for 15 days without pay Monday
>for telling the friend of a seriously injured motorcyclist
>"too bad," and hanging up on him when he called 911 for help
>last August.
>
>State police said Trooper Robert Peasley's behavior did not
>affect the response time to the accident or contribute to the
>death of Justin Sawyer, 21, of Bozrah. Sawyer died of head
>injuries several days after the crash in Bozrah.

Nobody should care if he contributed to the death, the point is that
he could have, and probably will the next time. He should be charged
with murder for the same reason that a criminal involved in a crime
where someone dies is charged with murder. The cop committed a crime,
and someone died, he should hang.
Old March 24th 05, 01:17 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Cartlon Shew" > wrote in message
news
> Why is nearly everyone neglecting the fact that he HUNG UP on people
> calling 911?

The consensus among the directly-involved parties seems to be that the lad
would have died before help arrived even if the officer had dispatched an
ambulance immediately. I'm not glossing it over, just opining that the
nasty responses and brusque hanging up were all part of a pattern of
incompetence when it comes to customer service.

> He's VERY lucky that the PD is willing to cover for him and say the
> guy would have died anyway.

The father of the lad is saying that too; I saw him speak the words himself
this morning on TV,

Old March 24th 05, 01:18 AM
DTJ

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:07:48 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:

>Of course he shouldn't be fired. He's an 18 year veteran with no prior
>disciplinary action. I wouldn't wish a firing on anyone in any profession
>with that record, just based on a comment.

Yes, but you are such a retard you would have said the same thing if
he shot and killed 20 babies. It was his first offence. Meanwhile
you would support the death penalty for any young black man who dares
to drive a car you can't afford.
Old March 24th 05, 01:22 AM
DTJ

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 06:50:35 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>So let me ask you a question, Cory: why do you expect courtesy and
>respect from the police when you refuse to extend thst same courtesy
>and respect to them? Do you believe that paying the officer's salary
>entitles you to treat them with disrespect and hatred? I'm no cop, but
>I can easily imagine what effect 18 years of dealing with this kind of
>irrational cop-hatred would have on a person. It's only human nature
>to begin hating the people whom we know to hate us; this is
>undoubtedly a factor in the trooper's rude behavior as reported in the
>article.

Irrelevant Scott. If I work a counter selling product to people, and
I treat them like ****, I should lose my job. The owner of the
company can not afford to allow me to "learn respect" on his dime.
The same thing applies here - if you want to be a cop, you need to
learn to deal with the ****ty attitudes that people often have. They
have these attitudes because other cops treat people like crap, and
they choose to support that behavior by the "code".

**** them.

Now, if the cop made an honest mistake, I would support him EVEN IF HE
HAD A HISTORY of bad mistakes. The issue is the behavior in question,
not how someone else behaves, nor what he did in the past.
Old March 24th 05, 01:25 AM
DTJ

On 23 Mar 2005 09:10:58 -0800, "Motorhead Lawyer"
> wrote:

>Cory Dunkle wrote:
>> Without a doubt he should be fired, and blacklisted from all police
>> agencies. His behavior was totally inappropriate.

>And *you've* *never* done anything inappropriate, huh? Never will,
>either. Just remember that the first time you *do*, there'll be some
>idiot calling for you to be tossed out of your *profession* for *the
>rest of your life*. But that's perfectly fair, isn't it, Cory? One
>screwup and you're *out*!

When and if Cory decides to carry a weapon and shoot people yes it
would be.
Old March 24th 05, 01:32 AM
DTJ

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:44:32 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>"L Sternn" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:04:16 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
>> > wrote:

>>>I think a proper way to handle this is give him a 5 day rip and reassign
>>>him
>>>to a job where he doesn't come into contact with the general public.

>> And I say fire his ass on the spot and let him beg for a job
>> elsewhere.

>If we fired every cop who was rude to a citizen who wasn't a suspect, we'd
>have maybe 100 cops per large city.

And your point?

Uh, Mr Boss, I interviewed everybody for the job of Nuclear Power
Plant Safety Operator and the best qualified one was this chimp. I
figure we should hire him because otherwise we would have nobody to
watch out for the public safety.

Here's your sign.
Old March 24th 05, 03:38 AM
jaybird

>> Suck it up like a man and move on with your life; you'll be
>>ok. Then of course, there are the ones in the middle where we don't quite
>>have all of the information so we go back and forth for weeks with people
>>making up crap and assumptions the whole way. A good personal example is
>>of
>>a complaint that came in the other day. Some guy wrote a letter
>>complaining
>>to internal affairs that he received two citations and the cop was rude to
>>him. IA wrote their official report and sent it to the supervisor to
>>investigate. The supervisor calls the violator and asks him how the cop
>>was
>>rude. The answer he got was "well, he wrote me two tickets". "Uh.....
>>ok,
>>that's something you'll have to see a judge about. Tell me how the cop
>>was
>>rude". "Well if he hadn't written me two tickets I never would've
>>complained". "Ok, sir, you have a nice day". Case closed, unfounded.
>>That's why stories like this bug the hell out of me.
>>

> That's completely irrelevant to this case.

Agreed. It was a response to his comment on my consistency.

>>> On the other hand, I agree - the bunch around here is very, very quick
>>> have
>>> people fired or say that a person shouldn't be driving. Leave it up to
>>> this
>>> bunch, and _nobody_ would be qualified to drive due to some innocuous
>>> minutia
>>> about their driving that they simply don't like.

>>Apparently they can all be better cops than the ones currently employed
>>too.

> I have no doubt I could and would be.

Cool, when do you start?

--
---
jaybird

Old March 24th 05, 03:39 AM
jaybird

"L Sternn" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:26:57 GMT, "jaybird" > wrote:
>

>>"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> While I am on record as agreeing with your position, it seems likely
>>> that he has been doing things like this for some time; this is merely
>>> the first time he got caught/somebody complained loudly enough. The
>>> article itself mentions that he was rude to some other callers, as
>>> well.
>>>
>>> This kind of negative attitude doesn't suddenly appear one day after
>>> an 18-year exemplary record; it has been YEARS in the making. Nor will
>>> it magically disappear after 15 days. I predict this officer will have
>>> future run-ins of a similar nature. And, of course, once he racks up
>>> enough of them he will eventually be fired for cause (or forced to
>>> retire or something).

>>It's possible, but we don't really know that. I'm sure that most of us
>>here
>>are generally nice and respectful to others but we have our bad days.
>>I've
>>made comments before that I probably shouldn't have, as most of us have
>>done,

> The difference is most people are held accountable for things that
> they say and do.
>
> This cop could have been responsible for people dying, and you want to
> give him a pass.

I believe that even in the follow up articles it was stated that his
comments had no effect on the response time.

--
---
jaybird

Old March 24th 05, 03:43 AM
jaybird

"Matthew Russotto" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> jaybird > wrote:
>>Of course he shouldn't be fired. He's an 18 year veteran with no prior
>>disciplinary action. I wouldn't wish a firing on anyone in any profession
>>with that record, just based on a comment.

> He's probably got no previous record because the union and other
> coddlers of incompetence and malfeasance such as yourself got him off
> the hook in those cases as well.

No, if you're trying to compare 18 years of service to a couple of 911
calls, that would've shown up in his work long ago in even more serious
circumstances. You can't dodge complaints for that long.

--
---
jaybird