"Fifth Gear" TV show.

Old July 19th 04, 09:09 AM
George Graves

In article > ,
MeatballTurbo > wrote:

> In article >,
> spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...
> > In article > ,
> > MeatballTurbo > wrote:
> >
> > > In article >,

spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

> > > We have fifth gear here too, it sounds like you have that.
> > >
> > > It features most of the final team of the old "topgear" that was a BBC
> > > production that canned, so they went to Channel 5 and renamed it.
> > >
> > > Then the BBC decided it wanted it back but couldn't have it, so the only
> > > remaining member of the Old "topgear" team, Jeremy Clarkson got together
> > > with a few of the journalists from the "topgear" print magazine who had
> > > done a bit of Cable and Satalite TV work, and got it going again with a
> > > slightly different slant to it.
> > >
> > > If it was a girl going mad in a fast car, that sounds like VBH (Vicki
> > > Butler Henderson), and yes a lot of guys her would offer to marry her
> > > too, how often do you find a good looking, posh bird with such a dirty
> > > grin and accent, who gets turned on by driving fast cars, and knows
> > > something about them. Sounds like you guys are gettting 5th gear, not
> > > Topgear, so you can look forward to that too on BBC America.

> > Really? Is BBC America going to start carrying Top Gear? Do you know
> > when?
> >

> I don't know, but I imagine it would be the kind of program that might
> cross over, except that Clarkson does nothing but insult American cars,

He has good reason to. Except for a very few, they're junk. No American
car is as good a value for money spent as even a Korean car, not to
mention a Japanese or a European car.

--
George Graves
------------------

Bush is a poor leader because he isn't very smart.
What's Kerry's excuse gonna be?
Old July 19th 04, 09:19 AM
Colonel Tupperware

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:16:53 +0100, MeatballTurbo
> wrote:

>> Really? Is BBC America going to start carrying Top Gear? Do you know
>> when?
>>

>I don't know, but I imagine it would be the kind of program that might
>cross over, except that Clarkson does nothing but insult American cars,
>the few times he gets to test them (except the hummer which he loved
>except it was too big, and the Ford GT which has now bought).

I think broadcasting Clarkson and his anti US views in the US could
incite a certain President to push the button and do away with the UK
forever.

--
ColonelTupperware
spouting ******** on Usenet since 1997
Old July 19th 04, 05:11 PM
Catman

George Graves wrote:

> In article > ,
> MeatballTurbo > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

>> > Really? Is BBC America going to start carrying Top Gear? Do you know
>> > when?
>> >

>> I don't know, but I imagine it would be the kind of program that might
>> cross over, except that Clarkson does nothing but insult American cars,

> He has good reason to. Except for a very few, they're junk. No American
> car is as good a value for money spent as even a Korean car, not to
> mention a Japanese or a European car.

Well, that saved me a post

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 20th 04, 07:06 PM
Synapse Syndrome

"Catman" > wrote in message
news:apSKc.20110050> >
> > He has good reason to. Except for a very few, they're junk. No American
> > car is as good a value for money spent as even a Korean car, not to
> > mention a Japanese or a European car.

> Well, that saved me a post

I got the impression that Jeremy Clarkson has ordered a Ford GT from Top
Gear the other day. Didn't he? He was getting 4mpg from it.

ss.

Old July 20th 04, 07:49 PM
Synapse Syndrome

"Catman" > wrote in message
.. .
> George Graves wrote:
>
> > In article > ,
> > MeatballTurbo > wrote:
> >
> >> In article >,
> >> spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

>,

spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

it.

got

it

(Vicki

her

> >> I don't know, but I imagine it would be the kind of program that might
> >> cross over, except that Clarkson does nothing but insult American cars,

> > He has good reason to. Except for a very few, they're junk. No American
> > car is as good a value for money spent as even a Korean car, not to
> > mention a Japanese or a European car.

> Well, that saved me a post

Has anybody noticed how fond Jeremy Clarkson is of Alfas? I never realised
that the 156 was rated as subzero on the cool wall until just now.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/coolwall/

ss.

Old July 20th 04, 08:09 PM
Catman

Synapse Syndrome wrote:

> "Catman" > wrote in message
> news:apSKc.20110050> >
>> > He has good reason to. Except for a very few, they're junk. No American
>> > car is as good a value for money spent as even a Korean car, not to
>> > mention a Japanese or a European car.

>> Well, that saved me a post
>>

> I got the impression that Jeremy Clarkson has ordered a Ford GT from Top
> Gear the other day. Didn't he? He was getting 4mpg from it.

He has, but they're not exactly typical of the genre
Old July 20th 04, 08:10 PM
Catman

Synapse Syndrome wrote:

<snip>
>> > He has good reason to. Except for a very few, they're junk. No American
>> > car is as good a value for money spent as even a Korean car, not to
>> > mention a Japanese or a European car.

>> Well, that saved me a post
>>

> Has anybody noticed how fond Jeremy Clarkson is of Alfas? I never
> realised that the 156 was rated as subzero on the cool wall until just
> now. http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/coolwall/

He is an Alfa nut, for sure.

Old July 20th 04, 10:24 PM

Colonel Tupperware > wrote in message >. ..
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 07:16:53 +0100, MeatballTurbo
> > wrote:
>
> >> Really? Is BBC America going to start carrying Top Gear? Do you know
> >> when?
> >>

> >I don't know, but I imagine it would be the kind of program that might
> >cross over, except that Clarkson does nothing but insult American cars,
> >the few times he gets to test them (except the hummer which he loved
> >except it was too big, and the Ford GT which has now bought).

> I think broadcasting Clarkson and his anti US views in the US could
> incite a certain President to push the button and do away with the UK
> forever.

President? someone would have to write a script to tell him how to
press the button. Have you ever seen him talking when he has no script
in front of him? he hasn't got a clue what to say. So all you
Americans, keep his scripts away from him and it will KEEP HIS MOUTH
SHUT, then we will have no more wars.
John, UK.
Old July 20th 04, 11:26 PM
MeatballTurbo

In article >, paradroid2000
@NOSPAMhotmail.com spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

> "Catman" > wrote in message
> news:apSKc.20110050> >
> > > He has good reason to. Except for a very few, they're junk. No American
> > > car is as good a value for money spent as even a Korean car, not to
> > > mention a Japanese or a European car.

> > Well, that saved me a post
> >

> I got the impression that Jeremy Clarkson has ordered a Ford GT from Top
> Gear the other day. Didn't he? He was getting 4mpg from it.
>
> ss.

Yes. Basically traded in from a Ferarri/AMG SL55 class to a Ford.

That he won't be able to get in and out of in a busy carpark, and when
driven properly carries exactley enough fuel for him to need to fill up
1 mile from his destination each way, on his daily commute.

Fantastically practical as a working class supercar.
--
Carl Robson
(The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)
Old July 20th 04, 11:56 PM
George Graves

In article >,
"Synapse Syndrome" > wrote:

> "Catman" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > George Graves wrote:

> >,

spouted forth into alt.autos.alfa-romeo...

> it.

> got

> it

> (Vicki

> her

> > > He has good reason to. Except for a very few, they're junk. No American
> > > car is as good a value for money spent as even a Korean car, not to
> > > mention a Japanese or a European car.

> > Well, that saved me a post
> >

> Has anybody noticed how fond Jeremy Clarkson is of Alfas? I never realised
> that the 156 was rated as subzero on the cool wall until just now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/coolwall/

> ss.

I've read that he doesn't like Italian cars much at all, so I'm not
really surprised.

--
George Graves

gear knob removal NC Alfa Romeo 0 June 22nd 04 07:56 AM
156 gear knob replacement fmt Alfa Romeo 3 June 1st 04 07:44 PM
147GTA and 166 on Top Gear Pete Alfa Romeo 5 May 24th 04 09:38 AM
156 Selespeed 'clunk' changing into 1st gear Mike Alfa Romeo 3 May 8th 04 02:49 PM
SELESPEED MISSING 4th GEAR ramskov Alfa Romeo 1 May 1st 04 10:26 AM