2007 Honda CRV Maintenance Schedule

Old April 30th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2007 Honda CRV Maintenance Schedule

The Owners Manual says NOTHING about what needs to be done and when
with regard to scheduled maintenance/inspections. All I know is to
take it in whan the wrench shows up on the display. This makes me VERY
uncomfortable, as I'm at the mercy of the dealer.

Is there any definitive info on this, similar to my 2001 Civic EX
maintenance schedule , which is very detailed ?
Old April 30th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth[_2_]

> wrote in message
> The Owners Manual says NOTHING about what needs to be done and when
> with regard to scheduled maintenance/inspections. All I know is to
> take it in whan the wrench shows up on the display. This makes me VERY
> uncomfortable, as I'm at the mercy of the dealer.

When the wrench shows up it also display a number to correspond with what
type of service is needed. Check the manual to see what the numbers mean
and take it anywhere (or do it yourself) the same way you would with a
written schedule. The only difference here is service isn't done
prematurely.

Old May 1st 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Apr 30, 3:19*pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> wrote:
> > The Owners Manual says NOTHING about what needs to be done and when
> > with regard to scheduled maintenance/inspections.

> How about the service manual?
>
> I'm talking about a separate small service manual that's included with
> the owner's manual, not the factory shop service manual that's hundreds
> of pages long.
>
> > All I know is to
> > take it in whan the wrench shows up on the display. This makes me VERY
> > uncomfortable, as I'm at the mercy of the dealer.

> Absolutely not. *This is all documented by the manufacturer.
>
> You're right not to want to be at the mercy of the dealer. *Honda always
> documents their maintenance schedules.

I received no seperate service manual, that I'm aware of, in my '07 CR-
V dcumention packet. I did,
however, find a section in the back of the owners manual that gives
certain maintenance 'tasks' to be
performed which relate to letters (A,B) or numbers (1-6) that appear
on the digital display when due.
This made things clearer..I just have to wait until they appear, based
on mileage driven or time.

I'm finding that both Honda dealers in my area 'recommend' a 4-wheel
alignment at the 15K/1year service,
although it is not one of the maintenance items recommended by Honda.
I don't agree, my alignment is fine and no tire wear visible. One
dealer stated that they follow the 'SEVERE' driving condition schedule
because it is hot and humid here in Florida. LOL....it's both colder
AND hotter in Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, and many other States. I think
they are boosting their service profits.....
Old May 2nd 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

motsco_ wrote:>
> Here's a liNK where you can get all the owner's manuals for previous
> models. You could keep / print the schedule for one that has a 'real'
> service schedule. Nothing has really changed. Your Dual Pump Fluid will
> still probably be shot at 15 -20,000 miles (early).
>
> 'Curly'

-------------------------

Forgot the link, here it is:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...01_OMANUAL.asp

'Curly'
Old May 2nd 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
E Meyer

On 5/1/08 1:50 PM, in article
,
" > wrote:

> On Apr 30, 3:19*pm, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" >
> wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>>
>> wrote:
>>> The Owners Manual says NOTHING about what needs to be done and when
>>> with regard to scheduled maintenance/inspections.

>> How about the service manual?
>>
>> I'm talking about a separate small service manual that's included with
>> the owner's manual, not the factory shop service manual that's hundreds
>> of pages long.
>>
>>> All I know is to
>>> take it in whan the wrench shows up on the display. This makes me VERY
>>> uncomfortable, as I'm at the mercy of the dealer.

>> Absolutely not. *This is all documented by the manufacturer.
>>
>> You're right not to want to be at the mercy of the dealer. *Honda always
>> documents their maintenance schedules.

> I received no seperate service manual, that I'm aware of, in my '07 CR-
> V dcumention packet. I did,
> however, find a section in the back of the owners manual that gives
> certain maintenance 'tasks' to be
> performed which relate to letters (A,B) or numbers (1-6) that appear
> on the digital display when due.
> This made things clearer..I just have to wait until they appear, based
> on mileage driven or time.
>
> I'm finding that both Honda dealers in my area 'recommend' a 4-wheel
> alignment at the 15K/1year service,
> although it is not one of the maintenance items recommended by Honda.
> I don't agree, my alignment is fine and no tire wear visible. One
> dealer stated that they follow the 'SEVERE' driving condition schedule
> because it is hot and humid here in Florida. LOL....it's both colder
> AND hotter in Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, and many other States. I think
> they are boosting their service profits.....

Your alignment (check the warranty book) is free up to 12,000 miles/1 year.
That's why they are recommending it at 15,000 - so they can charge you. If
you have any alignment issues, take it in before 12k miles/ 1 year. After
that, find a good alignment shop.

Old April 2nd 13, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dyun1dyun1

I just wanted to add this comment defending the original poster. My
mother has the same car and I went through her documentation. She has
the all the manuals, service schedule booklet, original sticker price,
legal documents for different state, ect, ect.

And in this their was no service manual showing or stating what needs to
be done at a certain mileage. Maybe it is a sales technique that they
remove this booklet when you purchase the car. But nothing was available
which led me to this site.

dyun1dyun1's Profile: http://cardealerforums.com/member.php?userid=13688
View this thread: http://cardealerforums.com/showthread.php?t=149531

Old April 2nd 13, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jason Bourne[_2_]

On 4/2/13 1:45 PM, dyun1dyun1 wrote:
> I just wanted to add this comment defending the original poster. My
> mother has the same car and I went through her documentation. She has
> the all the manuals, service schedule booklet, original sticker price,
> legal documents for different state, ect, ect.
>
> And in this their was no service manual showing or stating what needs to
> be done at a certain mileage. Maybe it is a sales technique that they
> remove this booklet when you purchase the car. But nothing was available
> which led me to this site.

> dyun1dyun1's Profile: http://cardealerforums.com/member.php?userid=13688
> View this thread: http://cardealerforums.com/showthread.php?t=149531

At least in the Accord 07 owner's manual, there are a few small, hard to
notice time/mileage-based required maintenance items.

--
The second amendment wasn't written so we could go hunting. It was
written so we could shoot at the government if it was ever taken over by

2008 Honda Civic Ex Maintenance Schedule Avalon1178 Honda 71 February 7th 08 07:37 PM
Schedule 1/2 Maintenance S K Mazda 12 August 6th 07 06:24 AM
Maintenance schedule for '03 E46 325i Giskard Reventlov BMW 49 May 3rd 07 04:43 PM
Maintenance Schedule for 2007 Accord [email protected] Honda 3 November 28th 06 04:06 AM
maintenance schedule VA_Tech_Hokies Honda 2 December 9th 04 02:59 PM