The perfect road!

Old February 2nd 05, 07:41 PM
Sunset Sam

Default The perfect road!

Well, near perfect anyway.

Virtually untraveled 2 lane highway with lots of curves, and a few
straight stretches.
With my car I get a little extra push at about 2700rpm, and in 3rd gear
that's just where I'm at when I come out of most of the curves on this
road. Ready to hit it and feel the joy! A couple of the straight
stretches are long enough to go into 4th, and some of the curves are
sharp enough where I need to shift down into 2nd. But for the most part
I can just leave it in 3rd and enjoy the ride!

Old February 3rd 05, 12:25 AM
SVTKate

*sigh*

and just where IS this perfect stretch of road?

Kate

Old February 3rd 05, 06:58 AM
Spike

in someone's dreams..... ; ) Goes along with, where in the USofA can
you legally take a Viper out of third gear?

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:25:43 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>*sigh*
>
>and just where IS this perfect stretch of road?
>
>Kate
>
>"Sunset Sam" > wrote in message
>| Well, near perfect anyway.
>|
>| Virtually untraveled 2 lane highway with lots of curves, and a few
>| straight stretches.
>| With my car I get a little extra push at about 2700rpm, and in 3rd gear
>| that's just where I'm at when I come out of most of the curves on this
>| road. Ready to hit it and feel the joy! A couple of the straight
>| stretches are long enough to go into 4th, and some of the curves are
>| sharp enough where I need to shift down into 2nd. But for the most part
>| I can just leave it in 3rd and enjoy the ride!

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old February 3rd 05, 12:52 PM
John

I think most everyone has a memory of this perfect stretch of road. For me
it could be Perth Church Road or Shearers Chapel Road in Iredell County,
North Carolina.

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old February 3rd 05, 01:40 PM
JohnW

Patuxent Road, Anne Arundel County Maryland...

Old February 3rd 05, 06:25 PM
Spike

I can think of a couple.... The Pacific Coast Highway/Rte 1/101 from
about Santa Cruz north, and the coast highway in Okinawa in an MG
Midget flat out. Of course a deuce and a half on the highways between
Cantho Province in the Mekong Delta and Saigon was filled with
excitement...... now that was a rush!!!!

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 06:52:41 -0500, "John"

Old February 3rd 05, 08:03 PM
JohnH

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:40:00 -0500, "JohnW" >
wrote:

>Patuxent Road, Anne Arundel County Maryland...

Where is Patuxent Road? I tried to find it on Mapquest, but it wants
more info. What town(s) does it go through. If it's along the Patuxent
River, it can't be too far from Alexandria, VA.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Old February 3rd 05, 08:03 PM
JohnH

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 23:25:43 GMT, "SVTKate"
> wrote:

>*sigh*
>
>and just where IS this perfect stretch of road?
>
>Kate
>
>"Sunset Sam" > wrote in message
>| Well, near perfect anyway.
>|
>| Virtually untraveled 2 lane highway with lots of curves, and a few
>| straight stretches.
>| With my car I get a little extra push at about 2700rpm, and in 3rd gear
>| that's just where I'm at when I come out of most of the curves on this
>| road. Ready to hit it and feel the joy! A couple of the straight
>| stretches are long enough to go into 4th, and some of the curves are
>| sharp enough where I need to shift down into 2nd. But for the most part
>| I can just leave it in 3rd and enjoy the ride!

Sounds like the Blue Ridge Parkway without cops!

Old February 3rd 05, 08:19 PM
JohnW

Try either Odenton or Crofton, in Maryland.
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...=us&cat=&trf=0

Of course, much have it has been developed at this point...

Old February 4th 05, 12:31 AM
JohnH

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:19:38 -0500, "JohnW" >
wrote:

>Try either Odenton or Crofton, in Maryland.
>http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...=us&cat=&trf=0
>
>Of course, much have it has been developed at this point...
>

>"JohnH" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 07:40:00 -0500, "JohnW" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Patuxent Road, Anne Arundel County Maryland...
>> >

>> Where is Patuxent Road? I tried to find it on Mapquest, but it wants
>> more info. What town(s) does it go through. If it's along the Patuxent
>> River, it can't be too far from Alexandria, VA.
>>
>> John H
>>
>> On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
>> on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
>>
>> "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to

>resolve it."
>> Rene Descartes

Looks good. I'll try it. I'm always looking for some nice motorcycle
trips close to home. That road looks like it would be nice.

Thanks.

Oh, I'll take the Mustang out there too!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

RASCAR Winter Series Road Course Race 1 - 1/8/05 David G Fisher Simulators 24 January 8th 05 10:29 AM
drive with kindness (road peace instead of road rage) dash2 Driving 42 January 6th 05 09:32 PM
Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 09:39 PM
Rollercoaster Road - Missouri D. Rogers Mazda 2 August 31st 04 01:39 AM