Formula 1 2011

Old September 21st 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PW[_3_]

Default Formula 1 2011

Is it supposed to be good?

I know, talking to myself here. Maybe Andrew will chime in <g>
Old September 21st 11, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ken MacKay[_3_]

On Sep 20, 10:03*pm, PW > wrote:
> Is it supposed to be good?
>
> I know, talking to myself here. *Maybe Andrew will chime in <g>

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/f1-2011/1195671p1.html

If you liked 2010 and wanted KERS and DRS then maybe worth the
pruchase. If you thought 2010 was awful then you won't likely be too
pleased.
Old October 20th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
pjgtech[_3_]

On 21/09/2011 02:03, PW wrote:
> Is it supposed to be good?
>
> I know, talking to myself here. Maybe Andrew will chime in<g>

Bought it today (for the PS3) mainly cos I haven't bought any games fora
while, and until MW3 comes out I'm a bit bored with my current games.

It is not a serious sim, IMHO, its an arcade game, but ifs fun if you
like that sort of thing (I do, but only in short bursts!) Its very
similar to DiRT2 & 3 in style, menus, etc.

Career mode looks the most interesting, praccy sessions, qualy and full
races (or portions of races if you don't have the time, right down to 3
laps).
Car physics are ok, not the best, but certainly not the worst. You can
turn on/off abs, traction control, etc as you like. Driving the car
feels good, a bit twitchy (as you would expect a few fat F1 car to be).
I had a quick blast in the rain and it was a nightmare to drive, but
great fun (again, as you would expect an F1 car to be)
Graphics are pretty good quality, you have replays, various in car
views, nice scenery, in pit sequences, etc etc.
Car set-ups can be changed to suit, with a good list of available
tweaks, eg: brake bias, gear ratios, suspension, engine, fuel mix, aero,
tyres, etc
Can just a do a quick lap, or timed sessions, or ghost laps, there is
also split screen, LAN or full on-line options.

All current 2011 cars, teams, drivers and tracks are here, and you can
use KERS and DRS as well, you have to manage tyres, and you can even
turn on/off realistic mechanical failures, tyre wear, fuel effect, etc.

A nice distraction.....

8-)

--
Remove "nospam" from reply to address.

Old November 11th 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alanrco

For those interested it's on UK Steam @ £14.99

So soon heavily discounted, must be bad

Alan

Return of the Jew Moneylender 2011 · Friday, June 3rd, 2011 walt tonne Driving 0 June 4th 11 08:53 PM
Changes I'd Make To The 2011 GT NoOp[_2_] Ford Mustang 34 August 7th 10 05:19 AM
2011 BMW Alpina B7 Nick Naim Driving 0 May 22nd 10 12:52 AM
New Corvette 2011 Theo Nieuwboer Corvette 1 July 8th 07 07:34 PM
Question for Formula GP or Formula Force GP owners Crossbone Simulators 0 April 1st 05 10:35 PM