Thrustmaster wheel

Old November 5th 09, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
nandrews

Default Thrustmaster wheel

I have a Thrustmaster Lotus FFB wheel running under XP Home.

On a number of older games I find when I get into the menus, to select
e.g., controls, that the highlighted item keeps scrolling right down.
So I can only select the bottom item (usual Quit!).

The scrolling doesn't always happen but usually starts within a few
seconds of getting into the menus and so for a number of games I have
been unable to choose or set the controls I want to use for that
wheel.
If I disconnect the wheel connection and reboot and restart the
program then the scrolling does not happen.
But then of course I cannot choose the wheel controls I want!

Any help would be welcome

Thanks
Nigel
Old November 17th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ruud van Gaal

Sounds like the game is using controller input to act like a mouse, and
scrolls your list accordingly.
Try pressing the pedals a few times to let the wheel calibrate itself.
Otherwise play with the pedals a bit so that the scrolling stops.

Cheers,
Ruud

nandrews wrote:
> I have a Thrustmaster Lotus FFB wheel running under XP Home.
>
> On a number of older games I find when I get into the menus, to select
> e.g., controls, that the highlighted item keeps scrolling right down.
> So I can only select the bottom item (usual Quit!).
>
> The scrolling doesn't always happen but usually starts within a few
> seconds of getting into the menus and so for a number of games I have
> been unable to choose or set the controls I want to use for that
> wheel.
> If I disconnect the wheel connection and reboot and restart the
> program then the scrolling does not happen.
> But then of course I cannot choose the wheel controls I want!
>
> Any help would be welcome
>
> Thanks
> Nigel

Thrustmaster Rallye GT Wheel - Yuk :( Larry Simulators 12 July 3rd 06 10:55 PM
Thrustmaster wheel Marni Simulators 0 May 17th 06 10:18 PM
Regarding the new Thrustmaster wheel Larry Simulators 0 November 26th 05 02:54 PM
Regarding the new Thrustmaster wheel BRH Simulators 5 November 26th 05 05:49 AM
Thrustmaster Enzo FF wheel? M. Ziegler Simulators 0 March 10th 05 10:38 AM