BJ Auctiona Are Out Of Control!

Old January 31st 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default BJ Auctiona Are Out Of Control!

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
>
> <Shelby GT500 mustang &/or Shelby GT mustang>
>
>>> I would not be surprised if Ford canceled production soon for a lack of
>>> sales.

>> I take you mean lack of sales at inflated prices? If Ford does this I
>> will never buy another one, ever.

> Yes, lack of sales at inflated prices. Ford dealers seem to like to stick
> with their premium and hold out for a sucker to wander into the showroom.
>
> Unless of course ford is allowing open ordering on the lesser shelby
> mustang. Then dealers won't be able to hold to the premium because
> another dealership in the neighboring town will go for volume to make
> their money instead. The inflated price would then only apply to the
> first-on-the-block crowd.

We will know what the game is soon with the GT500. I wonder what the
production numbers have been so far? If they keep production up the
price will fall.
Old January 31st 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_1_]

wrote:

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.ph..._articleid=471

> $600K for new Shelby GT? A car you can go to the dealer and buy for
> under $40K.

Not anymore....

--
"One hard rule of sockpuppetry is that a sockpuppet
can't be smarter than its animator."
Old January 31st 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

You can go to the BJ web site to see the list of cars available at the
next auction, what cars have gone for, as well as the cost of
admission, etc. I "think" that $40 covers 3 days entry and admission
to the swap area. Been a while since I read what was on the site.

Old January 31st 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Spike

On 30 Jan 2007 20:03:09 -0800, wrote:

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.ph..._articleid=471

>$600K for new Shelby GT? A car you can go to the dealer and buy for
>under $40K. (Please don't wind me up any further with it's serial
>#1.) WTF?!? Is BJ drugging these people? Because these people have
>not only lost their sense, they're giving away their dollars.
>
>And then, $5.5M for a Cobra?!? Okay, I know it's one of one and the
>history and all that, but pay 5.5 million for it?? Is it ever going
>to go up in value... I mean who's ever going to pay more for a car
>that now is undriveable because of its price tag. You might as well
>just bought some '66 Cobra trading card or poster and saved 5,500,999
>dollars and then bought a laundry list of other cars you could
>actually drive.
>
>A major price correction is coming to these "collector cars" and the
>fallout won't be pretty.
>
>Patrick

It's much the same for many businesses like auto sales.... is it
better to go with lower price and push volume, or to grab all your
buck in a limiuted number of transactions. The issue is not whether
it's better for the customer or not.

Can say for other states, but California, come the end of the year
when the inventory tax hits, is when the local businesses see which
way they might have done better.
Old January 31st 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn

my motto is if they won't discount the car from sticker I will buy one next
year or the year after. You would be surprised at the dealer when you tell
them I am in no hurry to spend my money maybe the 2008 or 2009 models will
be a better buy. too bad you don't want to make the sale today.

Old February 1st 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"Les Benn" > wrote in message
> my motto is if they won't discount the car from sticker I will buy one

next
> year or the year after. You would be surprised at the dealer when you tell
> them I am in no hurry to spend my money maybe the 2008 or 2009 models will
> be a better buy. too bad you don't want to make the sale today.

I tell them; don't worry, my money spends anywhere.

Al

Old February 1st 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

"Bob Willard" > wrote in message
. ..
> wrote:

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.ph..._articleid=471

> > $600K for new Shelby GT? A car you can go to the dealer and buy for
> > under $40K.

> The list price may be under $40K, but you can't yet find a dealer who
> will sell you one for list.

I know of 2 that can be had for MSRP in the Boston area. One is the lousy orange
color, the other red, both hardtops, both with the silly stripes. I've really
been looking for a black convt.

The non-winter here in the Northeast has put a squeeze on the dealerships who
normally count on moving the trucks with the plow rigs. No-snow = slow moving
trucks. I bet I could grab one of these cars for invoice at this point, the
dealer with the orange car has been calling me every-other weekend since
Thanksgiving.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Old February 1st 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
wabbitslayer

> #1.) WTF?!? Is BJ drugging these people? Because these people have
> not only lost their sense, they're giving away their dollars.

I think it all boils down to one thing: the HUGE egos of those that can
afford to go and drop a 100k on a "eleanor" mustang (whatever that really
is...oops...whole other topic) or 600k on a ugly chrysler boat (but it's a
hemi...). It's just become (not that it hasn't always been) a big show of
"mine is bigger than yours" and in this case it's wallets and disposable
income that are being compared.

The sad part is that all my life i've wanted to have more money than sense
(like most of the bidders).
The really sad part is that i think i already do!!!

wabbitslayer
01 GT vert

Old February 3rd 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
hank

These are being used as a business rite. They made a bunch of profit
and have to put it somewhere to save on paying taxes.

Admission to B-J in Scottsdale was as high as $50 on Fri or Sat and as
low as $10 on Ford Family day (first Monday). These are one day/per
person prices. I was there for the Sunday night preview party and
almost every day including the snow storm on Sunday afternoon. I live
5 miles away from Westworld. Valet parking was $30. No, I wasn't
bidding on anything. Just looking.

Old February 4th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:48:08 GMT, "Dave"
> wrote:

>i watched the other night.. BJ was in FL somewhere.. I thought it said to
>$200 to bid... so it is $40 JUST to get in?

Yup. I'm sure the pricing is to keep the crowd to a manageable size
or they would be overwhelmed but it's irritating none the less. I
don't know about this particular auction but some auctions make you
pay some amount of money up front that's refundable to try and only
have serious bidders take bidder numbers. It keeps some bozo who
wants to say "I bid on a Ferrari" from bidding $5000 on something that
clearly will sell for $300,000.

.. .