deposit on rocker clips?

Old October 13th 04, 08:54 AM
goose

"Simon Cussonnet" > wrote in message >.. .
> "goose" > a écrit dans le message news:
> > goose > wrote in message

> > > Hello all

> [..]
>
> > What I've decided to do is to fill some UV-viewable dye
> > in the radiator, run the car until the next service is
> > due (possibly in december) and then examine the oil from
> > the oil change with a UV light.

> Congratulations, I didn't have such an idea. I keep this for future use in
> case my memory fails.

Not to worry, google archives everything, which is why I posted a summary.
A search on google 10 years from now will turn up this post :-)

goose,
real men dont backup their documents, they post it to a newsgroup
and let the worlds newsfeeds back it up
(quote-mangled some *nix creator's words :-)
Old October 13th 04, 08:38 PM
Simon Cussonnet

"goose" > a écrit dans le message news:
> "Mike G" > wrote in message

> > "goose" > wrote in message

om...

[...]

> If any South Africans are reading this, could someone please
> recommend a workshop that either has the UV dye or the combustion
> gas detector?

UV dye: try fluoresceine. It's used to trace rivers when they disappear
underground.
Some milligrams would be enough to color all your coolant.
It's a reddish powder coming yellow when diluted. It's cheap, I bought some,
long ago at the chemist's.
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=flu...PA=overture/SP
G=first/dr=0/l=WS4/R=1/TR=8/PR=1/TPR=5/SIG=1ec3k17k7/*-http%3A//www20.overtu
re.com/d/sr/?xargs=05u3hs9yoakG1OyzDDRRCmvzXejxqJHxYXEmqqV6CEC qojLDUrIiSCdfD
te%2FgUqhYJ8szMzDud%2FneLFbw2nzjcPnbQ1MvGFNzTzKbpx vJmVivdP4pWLguA1tmNUKz%2Bx
sF0j%2Fdw5jh8C5i7MAF6csCkipTV4sIgRYFi5FL4sAZDChW8p FVAaNbnFgBUuqmBqC4pKin5Rm%
2Fvl5IVhgI55VSEFun8%2BxzTs9Swq3apWGoKGRgLLog5iVoJD TNRVSXSQWJuXrqN33UhtaT0fvp
vmHngx%2BtiT3pu4imveWRlRgtG3k4nNRt7d5J%2FQW7ZGxxjZ 3pqDt%2Fsc99Hnnxrh%2FTE8Zo
xH%2BJHz%2FSzia8NaS4G%2BOGhrHI%3D&yargs=sargentwel ch.com

It isn't noxious so I guess there should be no problem.
http://sargentwelch.com/pdf/msds/sch94545.pdf

A paragraph is dedicated to your need at
http://www.riskreactor.com/UV_Produc...nt_Tracers.htm

I've also been told about Coumarine but I don't know about it.

The lamp to be used is a black light it may be a fake money detector, an
insect killer, or even a germicidal tube (take care this one emitts short UV
rays which are very harmful wrt eyes & skin).

Enjoy