Cats and dogs living together in sin (ford/gm)

Old April 16th 13, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Urz

Default Cats and dogs living together in sin (ford/gm)

http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/04/...-transmissions

we will be up to 12 speeds before this is all over...

bob
Old April 16th 13, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

On Apr 15, 9:18*pm, bob urz > wrote:
> http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/04/...-new-transmiss...
>
> we will be up to 12 speeds before this is all over...

My cousin just bought a 2013 Jeep with a 2-speed transmission,
including reverse.
-----

- gpsman
Old April 17th 13, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Geoff Welsh

gpsman wrote:
> On Apr 15, 9:18 pm, bob > wrote:
>> http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/04/...-new-transmiss...
>>
>> we will be up to 12 speeds before this is all over...

> My cousin just bought a 2013 Jeep with a 2-speed transmission,
> including reverse.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

if you are referring to the CVT, it's more like "infinity plus one"

GW
math joke, I know, sorry
Old April 17th 13, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:22:37 PM UTC-5, Geoff Welsh wrote:
> gpsman wrote:
>
> > On Apr 15, 9:18 pm, bob > wrote:

> >> http://www.impomag.com/news/2013/04/...-new-transmiss...

> >> we will be up to 12 speeds before this is all over...

> > My cousin just bought a 2013 Jeep with a 2-speed transmission,

> > including reverse.

> > -----

> > - gpsman

> if you are referring to the CVT, it's more like "infinity plus one"
>

> GW
>
> math joke, I know, sorry

Steam engines. Flat out in forward and reverse.
Old April 17th 13, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

On Apr 16, 11:22*pm, Geoff Welsh > wrote:
> gpsman wrote:
>
> > My cousin just bought a 2013 Jeep with a 2-speed transmission,
> > including reverse.

> if you are referring to the CVT, it's more like "infinity plus one"

I'm anxious to drive it and see if it will do infinity in reverse.
-----

- gpsman
Old April 18th 13, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Geoff Welsh

gpsman wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:22 pm, Geoff > wrote:
>> gpsman wrote:
>>
>>> My cousin just bought a 2013 Jeep with a 2-speed transmission,
>>> including reverse.

>> if you are referring to the CVT, it's more like "infinity plus one"

> I'm anxious to drive it and see if it will do infinity in reverse.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

You could get an Infinity and go in reverse.
GW
Old April 18th 13, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 04/17/2013 07:22 AM, gpsman wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:22�pm, Geoff Welsh > wrote:
>> gpsman wrote:
>>
>>> My cousin just bought a 2013 Jeep with a 2-speed transmission,
>>> including reverse.

>> if you are referring to the CVT, it's more like "infinity plus one"

> I'm anxious to drive it and see if it will do infinity in reverse.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

old-school mechanically controlled cvt's would. i doubt modern
electronic ones will - it's "unsafe".

--
fact check required
Old April 18th 13, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Urz

On 4/17/2013 9:22 AM, gpsman wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:22 pm, Geoff Welsh > wrote:
>> gpsman wrote:
>>
>>> My cousin just bought a 2013 Jeep with a 2-speed transmission,
>>> including reverse.

>> if you are referring to the CVT, it's more like "infinity plus one"

> I'm anxious to drive it and see if it will do infinity in reverse.
> -----
>
> - gpsman

Buzz lightyear did that a long time ago

To Infinity, and BEYOND!