replacement seats for a 1988 CRX DX with good back support?

Old October 18th 05, 04:19 PM

Default replacement seats for a 1988 CRX DX with good back support?

I googled for this topic, but didn't find a complete discussion.

The seats in my 1988 Honda CRX DX are falling apart.

I've had them recovered in the past, but the seats are also weak on
lower back support and recovering them isn't going to provide the
additional back support I want.

Do the after market racing seats I've seen for sale have good lower
back support?

Is there another car (Acura Integra?) that has good back support and
can be put into a CRX without modifying the rails?

I'm looking to buy seats from a junk yard, so I'd need a range of
recent models to find.

I've already been told that the newer Civic and Accord seats sit too
high to use in a CRX. What about Del Sol seats?

I'm hoping to find someone who has actually made the change and can
tell me specifically what I need.

Old October 19th 05, 12:13 PM
Burt S.

> wrote in message oups.com...
> I googled for this topic, but didn't find a complete discussion.
> The seats in my 1988 Honda CRX DX are falling apart.
> I've had them recovered in the past, but the seats are also weak on
> lower back support and recovering them isn't going to provide the
> additional back support I want.
> Do the after market racing seats I've seen for sale have good lower
> back support?
> Is there another car (Acura Integra?) that has good back support and
> can be put into a CRX without modifying the rails?
> I'm looking to buy seats from a junk yard, so I'd need a range of
> recent models to find.
> I've already been told that the newer Civic and Accord seats sit too
> high to use in a CRX. What about Del Sol seats?
> I'm hoping to find someone who has actually made the change and can
> tell me specifically what I need.

These CRX seats are a large sunken bean bag. I went with real sheep skin covers.

The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Ah.... It's good to be back. :-) Shag VW air cooled 13 April 19th 05 10:00 PM
cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
Good Good Deals! Brendan Carpenter Dodge 0 April 20th 04 04:05 AM