recent screens SEGA Rally Revo

Old August 7th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
AirRaid[_4_]

Default recent screens SEGA Rally Revo

http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0001.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0002.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0003.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0004.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0005.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0006.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0008.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0009.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0010.jpg

some screens look good. the most interesting aspect will be the real-
time track deformation, but when you realize Sega Rally Revo is only
30 frames per second on Xbox360, PlayStation3 (maybe PC version will
be capable of running smoother?) it's pretty damn disappointing.

Old August 8th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.xbox
Eric[_15_]

"AirRaid" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0001.jpg
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0002.jpg
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0003.jpg
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0004.jpg
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0005.jpg
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0006.jpg
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0008.jpg
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0009.jpg
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0010.jpg
>

> some screens look good. the most interesting aspect will be the real-
> time track deformation, but when you realize Sega Rally Revo is only
> 30 frames per second on Xbox360, PlayStation3 (maybe PC version will
> be capable of running smoother?) it's pretty damn disappointing.

*shrug*. They look good, I suppose. Is it just me or is everyone else not
really woo'd, shocked, and awed by graphics, anymore.

I mean with these types of games, the bar has been set at "photoreal".
Anything less isn't expected...

Old August 8th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"AirRaid" wrote...
> <snip>
> some screens look good. the most interesting aspect will
> be the real-time track deformation, but when you realize
> Sega Rally Revo is only 30 frames per second on
> Xbox360, PlayStation3 (maybe PC version will be
> capable of running smoother?) it's pretty damn
> disappointing.

And that's ignoring the obvious fact of having multiple cars in every shot,
showing it's not even a Rally game.

Jan.
=---

Old August 9th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Air Raid

Default new Sega Rally Revo video

Sega Rally Revo - Technical Demo part 2

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23276.html
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_4780_en.html

graphics look good at times, but the framerate is TERRIBLE.

20 to 30 frames per second is just not acceptable.

this means that despite the high resolution, fancier graphics, track
deformation, etc.
the actual gameplay isn't gonna measure upto the arcade version of
Sega Rally 2
from 1998. framerate means a whole heck of a lot in racing games. the
timing, framerate,
it all ties into what makes up the gameplay. even IF they get Revo
running at a steady
30FPS, that still wouldn't be good enough. the old Sega could make
better games
on weaker hardware. the modern Sega struggles to make decent games on
modern
hardware. Yet another example of how "SEGA SUCKS" most of the time.

ever since 2001. sigh.

Old August 9th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
bluecrabfive

> graphics look good at times, but the framerate is TERRIBLE.
>
> 20 to 30 frames per second is just not acceptable.
>
> this means that despite the high resolution, fancier graphics, track
> deformation, etc.
> the actual gameplay isn't gonna measure upto the arcade version of
> Sega Rally 2
> from 1998. framerate means a whole heck of a lot in racing games. the
> timing, framerate,
> it all ties into what makes up the gameplay. even IF they get Revo
> running at a steady
> 30FPS, that still wouldn't be good enough. the old Sega could make
> better games
> on weaker hardware. the modern Sega struggles to make decent games on
> modern
> hardware. Yet another example of how "SEGA SUCKS" most of the time.
>
> ever since 2001. sigh.

Lets see Sega Rally on the SS is a better game than Sega Rally 2 on
the DC, despite having inferior graffics and framerate...and less cars
and tracks, etc...its not all about specs, its about gameplay.
Hopefully Sega Rally 3 will best Sega Rally 2 as a port even if it
doesn't run 60 fps.

Old August 11th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.xbox,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Scott H[_3_]

On Aug 7, 1:41 pm, AirRaid > wrote:
> http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/.../1026_0010.jpg
>
> some screens look good. the most interesting aspect will be the real-
> time track deformation, but when you realize Sega Rally Revo is only
> 30 frames per second on Xbox360, PlayStation3 (maybe PC version will
> be capable of running smoother?) it's pretty damn disappointing.

I'm curious, what do you think of Motorstorm?