98 Saturn Starting Problems

Old June 27th 04, 04:08 PM
saturncrazy

Default 98 Saturn Starting Problems

Once car gets warmed up..Stop at store come out 10 or 15 minutes later...
Motor turns over but will not start...Does this on hit or miss
intervals...Driving me crazy...Saturn diagnostic says fuel pump,pressure
regulator, rail, & injector codes....Replaced pump and regulator so far
but with no luck...HEllllPPPPPP

Old June 27th 04, 04:17 PM
BANDIT2941

>Once car gets warmed up..Stop at store come out 10 or 15 minutes later...
>Motor turns over but will not start...Does this on hit or miss
>intervals...Driving me crazy...Saturn diagnostic says fuel pump,pressure
>regulator, rail, & injector codes....Replaced pump and regulator so far
>but with no luck...HEllllPPPPPP

Coolant temp sensor failure can cause a no start condition when the car is
hot......
Old June 28th 04, 05:25 AM
Joe Biadasz

I came across this problem with a 99 Intrepid. All the garages were making
her spend money.. 1000 bucks in about 2 months..

I narrowed it down to the Crankshaft Posisition sensor.. When cold the car
would start and run perfectly.. as soon as you turned it off it would not
restart.
The CPS sensor was failing when hot..

so she spent 1000 bucks when it was not needed. this repair only costed 12
bucks.

"saturncrazy" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Once car gets warmed up..Stop at store come out 10 or 15 minutes later...
> Motor turns over but will not start...Does this on hit or miss
> intervals...Driving me crazy...Saturn diagnostic says fuel pump,pressure
> regulator, rail, & injector codes....Replaced pump and regulator so far
> but with no luck...HEllllPPPPPP

---

Old July 15th 04, 10:42 PM
KenM

we had that same problem with ours. it was the sensor. it is located
right on the front of the motor and is really easy to change.

Old July 16th 04, 03:54 AM
Napalm Heart

"KenM" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> we had that same problem with ours. it was the sensor. it is

located
> right on the front of the motor and is really easy to change.

Which sensor?

starting problems sandra312 Chrysler 10 October 19th 04 05:11 PM
STARTING PROBLEMS WITH EARLY BMW'S SPECIFICALLY 735IL Hans Van Der Heyden BMW 0 October 13th 04 09:09 AM
Radiator Fan Problems on a 1994 Saturn SL1 SOHC frederickiniguez Saturn 13 July 2nd 04 08:36 PM
1995 Saturn SL1 transmission problems mstrieg Saturn 5 June 9th 04 02:49 AM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 06:04 PM