bolt size?

Old September 28th 05, 07:10 PM
John Gindlesberger

Default bolt size?

I cleaning up my 97 Miata, I noticed that two bolts had loosed and fallen
out--one of those holding the sun visor and another holding the plate for
the hard top beside the passenger seat. I'd like to replace them, but I
don't know the sizes. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
John
1997 Montego Blue

Old September 28th 05, 10:07 PM
Christopher Muto

this is too funny... because when i got my '95 in january i had the same two
screws missing. on top of that i had to purchase the screws in packages of
two but only used one each... i will look this weekend to find them and if
it do i will report the sizes monday (if someone else dose not reply
sooner). i found them by bringing the original screws to a excellent local
hardware store that has a large and highly organized slection of screws...

Old September 28th 05, 10:07 PM
Christopher Muto

Old October 3rd 05, 07:10 PM
Christopher Muto

screw for visor: 10 x 3/4 phillip oval head sheet metal screw
part#81328.

screw and washer to replace missing screw from softtop latch. there are
three of these screws in that fasten the latch to the soft top frame. 6mm x
16mm phillips pan head machine screw. part number 82066. 3/16 flat washer
uss part number 81263. i am not sure if this is the 'plate for the hard top'
that you are talking about.... the latch that i am talking about is the same
on the soft top and the hard top.

these came in 'handi-pack' bags from a better true value store that had a
tremendous selection of fasteners.

screws are zinc so you may want to spray paint the head black before you
install.

hope this helps. i have one of each. if you want me to mail them to you
contact me directly with your details.

Old October 3rd 05, 07:56 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-10-03, Christopher Muto > wrote:

> screw for visor: 10 x 3/4 phillip oval head sheet metal screw
> part#81328.
>
> screw and washer to replace missing screw from softtop latch.
> there are three of these screws in that fasten the latch to
> the soft top frame. 6mm x 16mm phillips pan head machine
> screw. part number 82066. 3/16 flat washer uss part number
> 81263. i am not sure if this is the 'plate for the hard top'
> that you are talking about.... the latch that i am talking
> about is the same on the soft top and the hard top.

Based on "what used to fall out of my car", I'm guessing he's
talking about the torx-drive cap-screw that holds the
hook-thingy to the top of the windshield frame, or the similar
fastener that holds side-plate-hook for the hardtop just in
front of the seat belt towers. I had both of those fall out
regularly.

After picking those up off the floor and screwing them back in
a few times, I applied some of the mild loc-tite, and never had
any problems after that.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Yow! It's a hole
at all the way to downtown

Bolt size? 83 CJ Jeep 1 September 19th 05 07:58 PM
Distributor hold down bolt size Joe and Joann Jeep 2 August 28th 05 01:04 PM
2000 Odyssey trailer hitch bolt size? [email protected] Honda 0 June 13th 05 03:19 PM
Replacement bolt size for Thermostat outlet 94 Explorer XLT Herb Patterson Ford Explorer 1 November 10th 04 02:22 AM
having difficulty removing engine mount bolt Bil Honda 0 October 25th 04 02:04 AM