getting out of sim auto racing

Old January 3rd 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Someone

Default getting out of sim auto racing

"Roscoe" > wrote in message news:ZyCmh.1715$IT2.227@trnddc06...

> Please explain what a ****ing toolshed is?

A sexually active toolshed? Seems pretty self explanatory to me. I guess
that's how you get little toolsheds.

Come to think of it, it could also be a toolshed used for sexual activity.
Probably when the wife is home.

Old January 3rd 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryP

>On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 00:47:29 +0100, Andre Warringa
>Besides that I now drive with the G25, manual clutch and using the
>H-shifter. It's like learning to drive all over again. Heel/toe is
>HARD
>
>Cheers
>Andre

Andre - Heel/Toe with the G25 is next to impossible because you would
NEVER position the pedals like that in a real race car. When the brake
pedal is depressed it should be along the same plane as the gas pedal
so all you need to do is brake with the ball of your foot and blip the
throttle with the outer edge. I saw some pics a while back of a rig
someone made by dismantling the G25 and rearrangeing the pedal layout
to be like it should be.. If I can find it i'm going to try building
the same rig. Maybe there is some way to drop the gas pedal an inch
+/-, that would work also.

GP
Old January 3rd 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"Andre Warringa" wrote...
> <snip>
> Besides that I now drive with the G25, manual clutch and using the
> H-shifter. It's like learning to drive all over again. Heel/toe is
> HARD

It's called simulation for a reason, Andre... <g>

Jan.
=---

Old January 3rd 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

Old January 3rd 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

Old January 3rd 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
==--==

You are obviously lost.

Have you heard of rFactor?
or LFS? (not a fan myself - but the online code seems good)

Old January 3rd 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Contumeliorus Florius

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 20:42:23 -0000, Emma Ward wrote:

> I go through fazes like this.. and I'm like this at the moment.. I just
> can't seem to get any enjoyment out of siming.... I think its a mood
> thing..?

Or it could be because you are a chick.
Old January 3rd 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

The G25 does change things, doesn't it

As soon as mine is out of warranty, I'm going to tear the pedals apart and
build a new board for them to properly place the pedals. That's my only
gripe with an otherwise outstanding pedal set. From the design, it looks
like this would be a piece of cake.

I may change springs too, if they don't wear in. I like my pedals a bit
lighter than this.

-Larry

Old January 3rd 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

This is what I like about the G25 pedals. They scream "Mod Me!"

-Larry

Old January 3rd 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Albert Ross

Andre Warringa wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:16:44 GMT, Albert Ross > wrote:
>

>>It more permanent with me, just can't get back into it. I just have the
>>feeling that I've been there and done that so it's time to move on.

> Ofcourse after spending a lot of time on simracing the thrill gets
> less and less. I stopped simracing for a while because my former pc
> couldn't handle the newer sims. Now that I've 'discover' rFactor and
> the mods I'm getting huge enjoyment again from sim-racing.
>
> Besides that I now drive with the G25, manual clutch and using the
> H-shifter. It's like learning to drive all over again. Heel/toe is
> HARD
>
> Cheers
> Andre

Got my actlabs shifter about 5 years ago and even heel&toed during
league races. I'd have to get the whole frex setup to stay interested
now. Looking at the cost I'd rather put the money toward racing a
Caterham 7.