A Look Inside the Wiseco, K1, And ERL-Built 351 Coyote Short Block

Old June 18th 11, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Gill

Default A Look Inside the Wiseco, K1, And ERL-Built 351 Coyote Short Block

They say 351ci is the max a Coyote will go, but it can spin up to
8,500rpm and can handle up to 2000hp!

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...er-351-coyote/
Old June 18th 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jun 18, 2:53*pm, Gill > wrote:
> They say 351ci is the max a Coyote will go, but it can spin up to
> 8,500rpm and can handle up to 2000hp!

> http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...d-erl-join-for...

-- Cool article!

-- Now two things:

With the larger bore and shorter stroke capability of these engines
allowing for unheard of RPM ranges, Nutter believes this combination
will run roughshod over the competition in road racing venues. States
Nutter, “With these guys reaming these things to 7,800 RPM on stock
heads, this thing is just going to dominate. Think about what our GM
stuff has to do to handle 7,800 RPM; and this thing is doing it with
stock heads.”

-- The heads on the new 5.0 are simply amazing!

While the advantages of Wiseco’s new short block assembly are
plentiful, like anything, there’s always bad news to go with the good.
The bad news in this case, however, isn’t of Wiseco’s doing, but
simply the constraints of the original Coyote engine design. “We’re
pretty well at the end of the road with it. When we model these
combinations, we take the engine right up to the very limit and then
we call it a day, and on this particular engine, 351 cubic inches is
all that we could get out of it and still have a beefy combination,”
Nutter says. “For lighter-duty naturally aspirated applications, we
could possibly install a long rod in it, but there’s not much more
that you’ll be able to do with this engine.”

-- Umm, I think if you're able to make in excess of 1,000HP and
possibly up around 2,000, I don't think a limit of 351 cubes is an
issue.

Patrick
Old June 19th 11, 05:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
huhie

"NoOp" > wrote in message
On Jun 18, 2:53 pm, Gill > wrote:
> They say 351ci is the max a Coyote will go, but it can spin up to
> 8,500rpm and can handle up to 2000hp!

> http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/...d-erl-join-for...

-- Cool article!

-- Now two things:

With the larger bore and shorter stroke capability of these engines
allowing for unheard of RPM ranges, Nutter believes this combination
will run roughshod over the competition in road racing venues. States
Nutter, “With these guys reaming these things to 7,800 RPM on stock
heads, this thing is just going to dominate. Think about what our GM
stuff has to do to handle 7,800 RPM; and this thing is doing it with
stock heads.”

-- The heads on the new 5.0 are simply amazing!

While the advantages of Wiseco’s new short block assembly are
plentiful, like anything, there’s always bad news to go with the good.
The bad news in this case, however, isn’t of Wiseco’s doing, but
simply the constraints of the original Coyote engine design. “We’re
pretty well at the end of the road with it. When we model these
combinations, we take the engine right up to the very limit and then
we call it a day, and on this particular engine, 351 cubic inches is
all that we could get out of it and still have a beefy combination,”
Nutter says. “For lighter-duty naturally aspirated applications, we
could possibly install a long rod in it, but there’s not much more
that you’ll be able to do with this engine.”

-- Umm, I think if you're able to make in excess of 1,000HP and
possibly up around 2,000, I don't think a limit of 351 cubes is an
issue.

Patrick

no such thing as a 1,000 HP "streetable" car.
Can't put that much power to the road, in a controlled fashon.

Old June 20th 11, 02:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
NoOp[_3_]

On Jun 18, 11:51*pm, "huhie" > wrote:
> "NoOp" > wrote in message

> no such thing as a 1,000 HP "streetable" car.
> Can't put that much power to the road, in a controlled fashion.

Which is the reason why I think you'll see AWD systems, like on the
new Ferrari FF, in our future "blue collar" muscle machines.

Patrick
Old June 20th 11, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
huhie

"NoOp" > wrote in message
On Jun 18, 11:51 pm, "huhie" > wrote:
> "NoOp" > wrote in message

> no such thing as a 1,000 HP "streetable" car.
> Can't put that much power to the road, in a controlled fashion.

Which is the reason why I think you'll see AWD systems, like on the
new Ferrari FF, in our future "blue collar" muscle machines.

Patrick

Yea! I'll go for that ! they hug the road, go like gangbusters.

Old June 20th 11, 01:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 6/19/2011 20:23, NoOp wrote:
> On Jun 18, 11:51 pm, > wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>> no such thing as a 1,000 HP "streetable" car.
>> Can't put that much power to the road, in a controlled fashion.

> Which is the reason why I think you'll see AWD systems, like on the
> new Ferrari FF, in our future "blue collar" muscle machines.
>
> Patrick

I've often wondered if an AWD super car of some sort went to an NHRA
approved track and ran faster than 12 seconds, would he get booted out
for CV joints? As I remember if you run under 12 you must have a solid
axle.

FS: 431 Stroker Short Block coop188 Chrysler 0 April 27th 10 01:55 AM
got short block back from shop peter Mazda 0 January 16th 09 08:18 PM
long block or short block? gump87 Technology 3 May 18th 07 06:55 PM
short block source peter Mazda 0 December 7th 06 02:34 PM
Short block for a 92 16V Passat GL? Edvardo VW water cooled 3 July 30th 05 04:40 PM