The good parts about iRacing (I'm done ranting now)

Old August 4th 09, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default The good parts about iRacing (I'm done ranting now)

dfg.myass@aol (David G Fisher's Left Testicle) wrote:

> Thanks. Great mod that brings back many GPL memories.

Nice to hear. I'm saving it for next weekend when my latest trip to iLand expires.
I'm going to need something to anchor me back into reality and stop me getting the
iBends.

Mind you, I've got an annoying movie-making itch thanks to the new cameras. I may
or may not need one more wafffer-thin month.

Famous last words. ;-)

Andrew McP

Old August 4th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message
> dfg.myass@aol (David G Fisher's Left Testicle) wrote:
>
>> Thanks. Great mod that brings back many GPL memories.

> Nice to hear. I'm saving it for next weekend when my latest trip to iLand
> expires.
> I'm going to need something to anchor me back into reality and stop me
> getting the
> iBends.
>
> Mind you, I've got an annoying movie-making itch thanks to the new
> cameras. I may
> or may not need one more wafffer-thin month.
>
> Famous last words. ;-)
>
> Andrew McP

I'll have a mop and bucket at the ready.

Old August 11th 09, 09:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

(Uwe) wrote:

http://www.kiwidirt.com/slimjim/F1Classic_V2.0.rar

That is a *great* mod! :-) I've just done a few laps of the 'Ring, and it really
did get my grin glands working again.

This is a 'must have' mod. Getting some significant air at/near Flugplatz really
brought back the memories... as did the suspension damage, the oversteer when
mashing the accelerator, and spinning when dropping a gear too hastily. Great stuff!
Thanks for pointing it out Uwe.

Andrew McP

Old August 16th 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Uwe

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:54 +0100 (BST), Andrew MacPherson wrote:

> That is a *great* mod! :-) I've just done a few laps of the 'Ring, and it really
> did get my grin glands working again.

No worries Andy, glad you like it as much as we do. Apparently, there
are some legal / moral / meritocracy issues with this mod as Slimjim
was accused in the usual places of ripping off other people's work
without giving them credit or worse, asking them for permission first.

I don't know what to make of it as he himself claimed it was a fun,
quick'n dirty conversion of existing GPL stuff, but I agree the mod
drives great and really brings back memories.

All the best,

Uwe

Old August 16th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Uwe" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:54 +0100 (BST), Andrew MacPherson wrote:
>>
>> That is a *great* mod! :-) I've just done a few laps of the 'Ring, and it
>> really
>> did get my grin glands working again.

> No worries Andy, glad you like it as much as we do. Apparently, there
> are some legal / moral / meritocracy issues with this mod as Slimjim
> was accused in the usual places of ripping off other people's work
> without giving them credit or worse, asking them for permission first.
>
> I don't know what to make of it as he himself claimed it was a fun,
> quick'n dirty conversion of existing GPL stuff, but I agree the mod
> drives great and really brings back memories.
>
> All the best,
>
> Uwe

Just the usual community based sulking.