Disable DRL'S on 2002 S-10

Old April 29th 05, 12:56 AM
Pete

Default Disable DRL'S on 2002 S-10

Anyone have any info on how to disable the drl's only (not automatic
headlites) on a 2002 s-10?
Checked lots of websites, but nothing on this particular vehicle.
Thanks
Pete

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Old April 29th 05, 02:55 AM
James C. Reeves

"Pete" > wrote in message
.. .
> Anyone have any info on how to disable the drl's only (not automatic
> headlites) on a 2002 s-10?
> Checked lots of websites, but nothing on this particular vehicle.
> Thanks
> Pete

With most late-model GM vehicles, any attempt to disable the DRLs will set a
DRL malfunction code in the BCM and cause the "Check Vehicle Soon" light to
come on. I'll cross post to the GM group...they love this topic over there.
Good luck! You're gonna need it!

Old April 29th 05, 03:12 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Pete wrote:

> Anyone have any info on how to disable the drl's only (not automatic
> headlites) on a 2002 s-10? Checked lots of websites, but nothing on this
> particular vehicle. Thanks Pete

Try www.lightsout.org/disable.html . Believe the info on late-'90s S10 and
Jimmy should apply; those vehicles didn't change much between the '90s and
now.

Old April 29th 05, 07:23 AM
Edward Strauss

Pete > wrote:
> Anyone have any info on how to disable the drl's only (not automatic
> headlites) on a 2002 s-10?
> Checked lots of websites, but nothing on this particular vehicle.
> Thanks
> Pete

> If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

Easiest way is to find or make friends with someone who has access to
a Tech 2 or compatable scantool. These have the option to disable DRL.
Old April 29th 05, 12:40 PM
Pete

Thanks guys.
I've been to that website and a lot more. No mention of my paticular model.
Am not gonna cut wires and/or bend relay pins as described for another model
and have it not work on mine.
I guess it'll turn up somewhere.
Don't know anyone with a scantool. Wonder if parts places have em to
troubleshoot customers' stuff?
Thanks
Pete

Old April 29th 05, 11:30 PM
James C. Reeves

"Edward Strauss" > wrote in message
> Pete > wrote:
>> Anyone have any info on how to disable the drl's only (not automatic
>> headlites) on a 2002 s-10?
>> Checked lots of websites, but nothing on this particular vehicle.
>> Thanks
>> Pete

>> If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

> Easiest way is to find or make friends with someone who has access to
> a Tech 2 or compatable scantool. These have the option to disable DRL.

I think with that year S-10 you need a unique code (that only GM will
provide upon receipt of the proper "military or law enforcement DR
exception" paperwork...and is unique to the VIN) to "deprogram" the DRLs.

Old April 30th 05, 03:47 AM

At the risk of bringing up old tapes, what about this DRL system offends
you?

Old April 30th 05, 05:44 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 wrote:

> At the risk of bringing up old tapes, what about this DRL system offends
> you?

Christ, here we go again. Can't you use use Google? It's *ALL* been said.
Old April 30th 05, 08:59 PM

Stern,
I asked you previously to comment on specifics of your ideal system.

As far as I know you never did. That thread is no longer available to me,
but when it disappeared, you had added nothing.

You seem to like to sit out there, carp, and post offensive
retorts.

Now, I didn't ask you anything,
and if you had read my question rather than insinuate yourself where you
were not welcome, even you would realize that Pete's feelings and comments
would not be found on Google. And that was what I asked about.

Speak when you are spoken to, Light bulb peddler.

Why no rear lights with DRLs? Don Stauffer Technology 26 April 26th 05 04:16 AM
2002 325 - replace standard wheels with 17" sport wheels Brandon BMW 3 March 12th 05 09:07 AM
Opinions on 2002 Explorer Jonah Ford Explorer 6 February 3rd 05 04:48 PM
2002 Audi S8 - A6 Questions LIW Audi 2 November 14th 04 06:38 PM
2002 Jetta GLS MB VW water cooled 35 October 24th 04 11:45 PM