OEM Tires, Optional OEM tires, and totally off-the-wall tires

Old September 5th 07, 01:00 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
clifto

Default OEM Tires, Optional OEM tires, and totally off-the-wall tires

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> ll > wrote:
>>
>>The Goodyear Integrity that came on my Toyota were crap.
>>The collective wisdom of tirerack.com rates them near the
>>bottom.

> Agreed.
>
>>The Goodyear Fortera TripleTred that I replaced them with are
>>great.
>>tirerack rates them number one among highway all season.

> I rather like them, but they don't deal as well with wet pavement as
> the old Aquatreads do. They don't have problem on grooved pavement the
> way the Aquatreads did, but I tried them after the Aquatreads were
> discontinued and wasn't all that impressed with overall handling and
> wet-weather performance. The Aquatreads were wonderful.

Never drove 'em but heard they were lousy on braking performance.
Personally, I love love love my Assurance TripleTreds.

--
If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
you should stop exhaling.
Old September 5th 07, 01:21 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Scott in Florida[_2_]

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 19:00:14 -0500, clifto > wrote:

> If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
> you should stop exhaling.

LOL....so true!!!!!!!!!!

--
Scott in Florida

About all I can say for the United States Senate
is that it opens with a prayer and
closes with an investigation.

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Old September 5th 07, 01:54 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 19:00:14 -0500, clifto wrote:

> If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
> you should stop exhaling.

BWahahaha!

Send this to Al, would ya?

Old September 5th 07, 12:45 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
*

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote in article <TlVCi.5748$NL2.4904@trndny04>...

<Z3QCi.2457$es2.868@trndny09>...

> >> Um, somewhat...
> >>
> >> The old tires were rated for 44 PSI, I kept them at ~40.
> >>
> >> These are rated for 35, and they are at 35.
> >>

> > Given the size tire you're talking about, I would tend to believe that

you
> > are running them WAY overinflated for the size car they are mounted on.

No
> > wonder they don't feel right!
> >
> > Try running them at the car manufacturer's recommended pressures.
> >
> > BTW - The figure on the tire sidewall isn't the tire pressure "rating".

It
> > is the MAXIMUM pressure to be used when subjecting the tire to its

MAXIMUM
> > loads.
> >
> > Normal, every day tire pressures are usually quite a bit lower.

> I always run my tires at or near full rated pressure. Have been for

years!
> I have never had any serious tire issues, and I get an extra mile or two
> per gallon. I don't mind the ride (actually, I like the 'seat of the
> pants' feel from fully inflated tires...)
>
> I have had a couple sets of the tires I put on the Mazda, Akuret
> Performance, made by Ohtsu in Japan. Very good tire. I have always run
> them at max pressure, and have had no problems with them!

Just because you have "always done something" doesn't make it right. You've
just gotten away with it in the past. Perhaps it is biting you in the ass
this time around.

You have NOT had "no problems".....just none that your inexperience has
ever detected.

You asked for advice.

I gave you advice based on 40 years' experience.

You choose to ignore it - which is your prerogative.

But, not only do you choose to ignore it, you choose to argue about it.

Have a nice day!!.......................asshole!

Old September 5th 07, 12:50 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
*

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote in article <PmYCi.3673$pm2.3263@trndny08>...

I suspect you are in for a truly rude awakening some day.

What you learn AFTER you know it all is what REALLY matters.........

Old September 5th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech

On Sep 5, 5:50 am, "*" > wrote:
> Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote in article <PmYCi.3673$pm2.3263@trndny08>...
>
> I suspect you are in for a truly rude awakening some day.
>
> What you learn AFTER you know it all is what REALLY matters.........

Someone needs to ban this guy ("*"), all he does is go around making
rude comments and namecalling.

It's incredible how his opinion is the only one that is valid in any
situation.

Old September 5th 07, 04:59 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
B A R R Y

wrote:

> Someone needs to ban this guy ("*"), all he does is go around making
> rude comments and namecalling.

Heavens! Call the owner of Usenet! <G>
Old September 6th 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:50:16 -0500, * wrote:

> Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote in article <PmYCi.3673$pm2.3263@trndny08>...
>
> I suspect you are in for a truly rude awakening some day.
>
> What you learn AFTER you know it all is what REALLY matters.........

That didn't tell me a whole lot. I was looking for insight, not
come-uppance...

Old September 6th 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:45:27 -0500, * wrote:

> Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote in article <TlVCi.5748$NL2.4904@trndny04>...
>> On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:32:05 -0500, * wrote:
>>

>> > Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote in article

> <Z3QCi.2457$es2.868@trndny09>...

>> > Given the size tire you're talking about, I would tend to believe that

> you
>> > are running them WAY overinflated for the size car they are mounted
>> > on.

> No
>> > wonder they don't feel right!
>> >
>> > Try running them at the car manufacturer's recommended pressures.
>> >
>> > BTW - The figure on the tire sidewall isn't the tire pressure
>> > "rating".

> It
>> > is the MAXIMUM pressure to be used when subjecting the tire to its

> MAXIMUM
>> > loads.
>> >
>> > Normal, every day tire pressures are usually quite a bit lower.

>> I always run my tires at or near full rated pressure. Have been for

> years!
>> I have never had any serious tire issues, and I get an extra mile or two
>> per gallon. I don't mind the ride (actually, I like the 'seat of the
>> pants' feel from fully inflated tires...)
>>
>> I have had a couple sets of the tires I put on the Mazda, Akuret
>> Performance, made by Ohtsu in Japan. Very good tire. I have always run
>> them at max pressure, and have had no problems with them!
>>

> Just because you have "always done something" doesn't make it right.
> You've just gotten away with it in the past. Perhaps it is biting you in
> the ass this time around.

Always is 30 years.

> You have NOT had "no problems".....just none that your inexperience has
> ever detected.

Hmmmm...one set of 'overinflated' tires with 125,000 miles on them...
Another with 85,000 miles...
Another with 65,000 miles...
And another with 90,000 miles...

Anything froom Goodyears to Bridgestone to Delta.

I think the problem was really getting the cheapest tire I could.

> You asked for advice.
>
> I gave you advice based on 40 years' experience.

I've been farting around with tires for 30 years, and using different
sizes for different effects for 20.

I make sure they fit the rims correctly.
I try to make sure they're within a certain percentage of OEM spec.
I onspect them myself weekly, I look at them before I start the car every
day, and I have them looked at 'professionally' every three months.

The tire company I got to is top notch. If they wouldn't work on this car,
Chick would have not put them on.

> You choose to ignore it - which is your prerogative.
>
> But, not only do you choose to ignore it, you choose to argue about it.

I'm not 'arguing' about anything. Only someone who is overly aggressive
and too 'self-aware' would see it as anything else. Generally agumentative
himself.

> Have a nice day!!.......................asshole!

And my point is proven. Looking in the mirror again, hmmm...?

Oh, say hello to my little PLONK file. Non-comments aren't welcome.

Old September 6th 07, 02:07 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
*

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote in article <fqJDi.6122$es2.476@trndny09>...
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:50:16 -0500, * wrote:
>

> > Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote in article

<PmYCi.3673$pm2.3263@trndny08>...

> > I suspect you are in for a truly rude awakening some day.
> >
> > What you learn AFTER you know it all is what REALLY matters.........

> That didn't tell me a whole lot. I was looking for insight, not
> come-uppance...

Actually were you paying attention, that told you a LOT!

It is rapidly becoming apparent that there's not a lot of sense in telling
you anything.....or giving you conventional automotive advice.

You've already been given some great advice by a number of different
posters, and you refuse to accept it.

You are not looking for insight, as you claim.

You are, actually, seeking validation of your unconventional and
off-the-wall ideas - such as running tires at maximum load inflations -
which doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

Some people tire quickly of giving honest advice, only to have it summarily
rejected.....explaining why you are receiving so little "insight" now.

You were given "insight" and you rejected it. The people who offered advice
have moved on to other areas where they won't be insulted for offering
honest advice.

Personally, I suspect you are simply playing some sort of trolling game to
pass the time instead of getting actively involved in hands-on automotive
service and repair.........

Winter drivinng: FWD and RWD with snow tires vs. AWD with all-season tires - what people who have done the tests say GRL BMW 27 February 26th 06 06:27 PM
FS: 5'er Snow Tires: Wheels and Tires Nik BMW 5 December 16th 05 12:36 AM
Quiet tires=soft tires? Frank Honda 8 March 16th 05 07:40 PM
Winter tires vs offroad tires. Goldhawk 4x4 5 January 5th 05 09:34 PM
Cleaning White Wall Tires Joe Hudon Antique cars 2 May 27th 04 06:21 AM