NR2003 Loose web setups

Old January 8th 05, 10:15 PM
Charles F. Castor Jr.

Default NR2003 Loose web setups

Why is it that the setups I get on the web are always so loose? I have
to add a lot of front bias to get around the track.

Thanks
Charlie

Old January 8th 05, 10:38 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Charles F. Castor Jr." wrote...
> Why is it that the setups I get on the web are always
> so loose? I have to add a lot of front bias to get
> around the track.

All good setups start off loose and "come in" after a couple of laps, but
you might be up against a difference in driving style. Try not taking your
foot off the accellerator and left foot braking to slow for the turns
instead of lifting, especially at the faster tracks.

Jan.
=---

Old January 9th 05, 02:14 PM
Neil Charlton

"Charles F. Castor Jr." > wrote in message
> Why is it that the setups I get on the web are always so loose? I have
> to add a lot of front bias to get around the track.
>
> Thanks
> Charlie

When you download the setup, download a matching replay if you can. One of
Andi Wilke or Achim Trenz would be good. Watch the replay paying particular
attention to gas and brake - all will become clear. This may look a little
more extreme in real life but watching the NASN telemetry of Dale Junior
last year shows him often bablancing his braking with some throttle. In
short, the only way to get round quick in Nascar is to use both feet
simultaneously (I believe). Once you get used to it, the setups fit like a
glove (sometimes).

Have fun

Old January 9th 05, 04:37 PM
JP

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
> "Charles F. Castor Jr." wrote...
> > Why is it that the setups I get on the web are always
> > so loose? I have to add a lot of front bias to get
> > around the track.

> All good setups start off loose and "come in" after a couple of laps, but
> you might be up against a difference in driving style. Try not taking your
> foot off the accellerator and left foot braking to slow for the turns
> instead of lifting, especially at the faster tracks.
>
> Jan.
> =---

Which of course, is not done in real life, except at the ss tracks. Any
other track would toast the brakes long before the race end.

Charles, gradual actions are the key; easy off the gas, easy on it. If
you "jump" on or off it, problems.

Old January 9th 05, 09:02 PM
Bill Bollinger

I still say that system differences make up about 90% of the problems
currently. I can trade setups between teammates and a setup can be stable
for me and unctrollable loose for them and vice versa. SMALL changes in the
setups make some big handling changes. That is one nice thing EA Sim-Racing
will fix thank goodness.

Also heard that EA Sim-Racing will get rid of this idea of whomever runs the
loosest setup will be the fastest.

Bill Bollinger
www.gsxn.com

Old January 10th 05, 12:16 AM
Tony Rickard

"JP" wrote:

> > All good setups start off loose and "come in" after a couple of laps,

but
> > you might be up against a difference in driving style. Try not taking

your
> > foot off the accellerator and left foot braking to slow for the turns
> > instead of lifting, especially at the faster tracks.
> >
> > Jan.
> > =---

> Which of course, is not done in real life, except at the ss tracks. Any
> other track would toast the brakes long before the race end.

You may be right, but think of the abuse 4WD & FWD rally cars brakes must
have with much greater requirements for decelerating than Nascar even
allowing for the shorter distance.

Even comparing it with road courses where 100+ mph are taken off at some
tight corners it would seem not inappropriate to use the brake instead of
lifting.

As I know bugger all about Nascar rules on brakes I could be talking rubbish
of course...

Cheers
Tony

Old January 10th 05, 01:28 AM
JP

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
k...
> "JP" wrote:
>
> > > All good setups start off loose and "come in" after a couple of laps,

> but
> > > you might be up against a difference in driving style. Try not taking

> your
> > > foot off the accellerator and left foot braking to slow for the turns
> > > instead of lifting, especially at the faster tracks.
> > >
> > > Jan.
> > > =---

> > Which of course, is not done in real life, except at the ss tracks.

Any
> > other track would toast the brakes long before the race end.

> You may be right, but think of the abuse 4WD & FWD rally cars brakes must
> have with much greater requirements for decelerating than Nascar even
> allowing for the shorter distance.
>
> Even comparing it with road courses where 100+ mph are taken off at some
> tight corners it would seem not inappropriate to use the brake instead of
> lifting.
>
> As I know bugger all about Nascar rules on brakes I could be talking

rubbish
> of course...
>
> Cheers
> Tony

True, but you're talking about completely different vehicles; besides
being much lighter than say, a WC stock car, they have completely different
powertrains. I.e., 4wd/fwd vs rear wheel drive stock cars, along with
different brake component materials. Among other things.

On a non-ss oval, lift/brake is the norm. Left foot braking is done, but
there's still lifting too. On SS tracks, they don't lift, even when they
*ride the brake.* But then, their top rpms are about 1/3 less or more than
normal too, among other things.

Old January 10th 05, 03:06 AM
ymenard

>"Bill Bollinger" > wrote
>I still say that system differences make up about 90% of the problems
>currently. I can trade setups between teammates and a setup can be stable
>for me and unctrollable loose for them and vice versa. SMALL changes in
>the setups make some big handling changes. That is one nice thing EA
>Sim-Racing will fix thank goodness.

Why do you trust them to do so ?

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old January 11th 05, 03:40 AM
ymenard

>"Pete" > wrote
> All Papy sims had a timing issue with them. Change the timing change
> the
> setup.

What makes you think it would be better with that EA thingy? Has EA even
proven anything about such things?

Old January 11th 05, 04:06 AM
JP

"ymenard" > wrote in message
. ..
> >"Pete" > wrote
> > All Papy sims had a timing issue with them. Change the timing change
> > the
> > setup.

> What makes you think it would be better with that EA thingy? Has EA even
> proven anything about such things?
>

> --
> -- François Ménard <ymenard>
> -- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez
> Corporation - helping America into the New World...

Fanboy Alert !