GTR - merciless analysis :)

Old November 14th 04, 06:38 PM
Chad Rogers

JP, sorry wasn't directed at you. Was just replies to the comments above.

Old November 14th 04, 06:40 PM
JP

Np, thanks. Sorry for the confusion.

Old November 14th 04, 10:45 PM
Jan Verschueren

"David G Fisher" wrote...
>> <snip>

> Not sure what mood you were in when you read my post, but it was
> supposed to be helpful, believe it or not.

I was getting a little exhasparated<sp?> about the whole situation. My
apologies.

Even so, you were always one of the few posters here who supported the ISI
approach too. I was not expecting you to think of rFactor as a major leap
too.

Then again, thinking about it, you pretty much concentrated on the F1 side
of things as I recall.

> <snip>
> Sounded to me like what is a pretty tame car in the demo was
> way too sensitive to your inputs on the straights. I've seen
> a lot of people with the same problem, both with the demo and
> with the F1 cars in F1C. Same advice I gave you has helped
> quite a few others instantly settle their car down quite a bit.
> Set correctly, the car in the demo will run a nice, smooth
> line all the way around the track.

It's not that... I have a tendency to veer off line when I'm not actually
looking at the track. A little speed sensitivity means I can look at the
cockpit instruments without drifting so far I need a big correction to get
back to my intended line.

> Nothing to do with my abilities (one way or the other) either.

Yeah, right... LOL

> Wasn't trying to insult your abilities or your knowledge about
> tuning a sim to your rig.

Of course not, I just read that into it at the time.

> I do know about ISI sims (F1 setups, wheel setup), so I try to
> help. Other sims (like N2003 or GPL), it's best to look elsewhere
> for help.

Yeah, you and Dave Henrie have been a big help for me with regard to ISI
sims.

> Do you know all there is about ALL sims? :-)

Nah, I'm clueless with regard to Racer and NetKar. ;-)

Jan.
=---