FFB...almost done

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 24th 12, 11:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB...almost done

New development.
First, Logitech profiler is a no-no.
Regarding FFB, I got it, finaly. The multiplier of Overall and
Spring/Damper must be the same for different Overall positions. On my system
it is 46% (100% Overall x 46% Damper/Spring = 46%). This means that those
three can be 100/46/46, or 46/100/100, or 92/50/50, or 50/92/92, for
whichever strength of Overall you wish. The most extreme on my system is
31/148/148, or 148/31/31.
How to find it? I found it using F1 car, which has nice, clean FFB
forces. At that time Centering Spring (unchecked) was at 100%. I simply ran
equall Overall and Damper/Spring, all the way from 0% up. When I reached 68%
(the settings was 68/68/68/100) I had balanced FFB. Above that it was too
dampy, below that it was too springy. Now I am using 100/42/42.
Centering Spring is very interesting. Now, that I've set up other
things correctly, it is easy to find the correct Centering Spring. I still
didn't have time to find the right one, but it is somewhere around 70%. I
will use very "shaky" (this time) FFB of Cadillac car. It is good because it
swings all around, and Centering Spring keeps it, well, centered. This Twin
Montegy West track is very good for this.

New PC's FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 40 May 27th 12 10:45 PM
FFB (new development) Mario Petrinovic Simulators 27 December 14th 11 09:07 PM
FFB (so far) Mario Petrinovic Simulators 0 September 25th 11 10:57 AM
FFB Mario Petrinovic Simulators 26 September 5th 11 08:52 AM
G25 v. ECCI - To FFB or not to FFB [email protected] Simulators 1 August 17th 07 02:35 PM