how to clean IAC valve ?

Old December 15th 05, 07:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default how to clean IAC valve ?

Hi,
after reading some news here, i would like how clean my IAc valve?
We'll change oxygen sensor next week-end but, may be, my IAC valve needs to
be cleaned. How can I do that ?
Do i have to change the gasket if I don't change the valve ?
I have a chilton book, but they say how change it but not how to clean.
I have a compressor with comprimed air, is that good to clean the IAC valve
?
Thank you very much for who can help me.
Claude from FRANCE

Old December 15th 05, 01:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

In article >, Cindory
> wrote:

> Hi,
> after reading some news here, i would like how clean my IAc valve?
> We'll change oxygen sensor next week-end but, may be, my IAC valve needs to
> be cleaned. How can I do that ?
> Do i have to change the gasket if I don't change the valve ?
> I have a chilton book, but they say how change it but not how to clean.
> I have a compressor with comprimed air, is that good to clean the IAC valve

You need to pick up a can of spray intake cleaner (preferably one safe
on plastic parts and with some lubricative properties) and just spray
it thoroughly while holding the seat open.
Old December 15th 05, 03:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

But be careful not to spray inside the solenoid part.

Old December 22nd 05, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Cindory wrote:
> Hi,
> after reading some news here, i would like how clean my IAc valve?
> We'll change oxygen sensor next week-end but, may be, my IAC valve needs to
> be cleaned. How can I do that ?
> Do i have to change the gasket if I don't change the valve ?
> I have a chilton book, but they say how change it but not how to clean.
> I have a compressor with comprimed air, is that good to clean the IAC valve
> ?
> Thank you very much for who can help me.
> Claude from FRANCE

i tried cleaning mine and ended up buying a new one when the "howl" came
back after a couple of days.
Old December 23rd 05, 02:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

The IAC may not be serviceable, that is, Ford does not recommend cleaning it
or the throttle body (they have a special coating). There may be a sticker
near the throttlebody that says "do not clean". Having said that if it has
already failed you might try cleaning the IAC to see if you can get more
life out of it.

news

Old December 23rd 05, 06:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Ok, i'm trying to follow your message.
but I think that as my oxygen sensor are new (just few months) i will buy a
nex IAC valve soon.
luckly i have not to use the 4x4 every day.
Merry christmas every body and thank you for your help
Claude

Old December 23rd 05, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

"Cindory" > wrote in message
> Ok, i'm trying to follow your message.
> but I think that as my oxygen sensor are new (just few months) i will buy
> a nex IAC valve soon.
> luckly i have not to use the 4x4 every day.
> Merry christmas every body and thank you for your help
> Claude

Hi Claude,
My advice is simply go ahead and replace it with a new one.
I did mine after trying the cleaning but was not satisfied.
They are not very expensive about $47.00 dollars....I think.
Also they are VERY simple to replace, unplug, unscrew, install new and plug
back in....that is it.

Bill
Merry Christmas to you and All

Old December 27th 05, 12:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Thank you very much , Bill, for your help..;but as the price is about 47 $,
i'm Ok, but in USA.
i'm in france and shipping is expensive.
With my husband, we just tried to look all around the engine, whitout
success... but we saw where the IAC valve is.
So, i think i have to go in a Ford dealer and have an electronic reading (I
don't know how you call that in USA)
I France IAC valve costs about 200 euros, it is about 230 dollars.... you
can easyly understand why i would like to be sure before buying parts.
If somebody knows serious web site where i can buy new parts and agree to
send them in france, thank you in advance, that can help me because my
husband has also 4 old US cars (he loves them)
have a nice day
Claude

Old December 27th 05, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I have never dealt with this company, but their site indicates that they
export.
It might be worth your while to see if they are what you need.

http://billm.web.aplus.net/

Charlie

Old December 27th 05, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I don't know whether they ship to Europe, but the home page says they
ship UPS ground, so they might. This is a good site for genuine Ford
parts at a decent price. http://www.fordpartsonline.com/

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:14:36 -0500, "Charlie Bress"