Accord Diesel

Old September 6th 05, 10:23 AM
SoCalMike

Matt Ion wrote:

>> do you think electric cars have no environmental impact too? where
>> does fat or vegetable oil come from? mcdonalds?

> Why not? Think of how much raw mass there is produced by this
> fast-food-driven continent.

much is already being recycled into other products.
Old September 6th 05, 04:48 PM
Matt Ion

SoCalMike wrote:

> Matt Ion wrote:
>

>>> do you think electric cars have no environmental impact too? where
>>> does fat or vegetable oil come from? mcdonalds?

>> Why not? Think of how much raw mass there is produced by this
>> fast-food-driven continent.

> much is already being recycled into other products.

*sigh* Why is it some people just HAVE to ALWAYS find SOMETHING to argue
with?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0536-1, 09/06/2005
Tested on: 9/6/2005 8:48:30 AM

Old September 7th 05, 02:36 AM
jim beam

Matt Ion wrote:
> SoCalMike wrote:

>>> Why not? Think of how much raw mass there is produced by this
>>> fast-food-driven continent.

>> much is already being recycled into other products.

> *sigh* Why is it some people just HAVE to ALWAYS find SOMETHING to argue
> with?

don't take it personally, but it's because you're quoting incomplete
data. we can't /all/ run vehicles on veggie oil/old mcdonalds grease
because there's not enough of it and never could be. the only way to
get closer is by biomass which has a much higher conversion rate.

the idealistic dream of veggie powered cars is just that - a dream.
it's as realistic as san francisco public transport that put the slogan
"zero emissions vehicle" on the rear end of their electric busses.
where do they think the electricity comes from?

Old September 8th 05, 06:40 AM
Matt Ion

jim beam wrote:

> Matt Ion wrote:
>
>> SoCalMike wrote:

>>> much is already being recycled into other products.

>> *sigh* Why is it some people just HAVE to ALWAYS find SOMETHING to
>> argue with?

> don't take it personally, but it's because you're quoting incomplete
> data. we can't /all/ run vehicles on veggie oil/old mcdonalds grease
> because there's not enough of it and never could be. the only way to
> get closer is by biomass which has a much higher conversion rate.

I only added to a discussion on the benefits of diesel vehicles, that
biodiesel is a currently-available alternative fuel. I never claimed it
was an end-all, be-all replacement for fossil fuels. Yeesh.

> the idealistic dream of veggie powered cars is just that - a dream. it's
> as realistic as san francisco public transport that put the slogan "zero
> emissions vehicle" on the rear end of their electric busses. where do
> they think the electricity comes from?

Depends on where you live. The vehicles ARE "zero emissions". In my
part of the country, 99.9% of the electricity we use is
hydro-generated... so the supply chain is "zero emissions" as well.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0536-2, 09/07/2005
Tested on: 9/7/2005 10:39:54 PM